Nico Rosberg says he’s close to gaining the upper hand on team mate Lewis Hamilton.
Hamilton has won the last four races in a row but Rosberg finished two of the last three hot on the tail of the other Mercedes.
“In general it’s been a tough battle up to now and I expect it to continue like that,” he said in the press conference ahead of the Monaco Grand Prix.
“Of course now he’s had the result rhythm, you know, in a couple of races. But it’s been very close and I just need a little bit, just need a tiny bit to turn it around and I’ll start trying to do that here in Monaco.”
Rosberg also said he is not concerned that Hamilton has out-qualified him in four of the five races so far. “Of course three of those qualifying [sessions] were in the wet, so in the dry it’s one-one.”
“And it’s supposed to be dry on Saturday so I’m confident I can make it happen so I’m not changing my approach or anything.”
2014 Monaco Grand Prix
- New radio reveals Hamilton’s suspicions in Monaco
- Bianchi wins Driver of the Weekend with first points
- Second-highest score of the year so far for Monaco
- 2014 Monaco Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Top ten pictures from the 2014 Monaco Grand Prix
Image © Daimler/Hoch Zwei