Retro helmet styles are a frequent favourite and Marcus Ericsson has not disappointed. His helmet is a copy of the style used by fellow Swede Ronnie Peterson, marking his Monaco Grand Prix victory of 40 years ago.
Ericsson, who like Peterson was born in Orebro County, is even using Peterson’s original helmet bag this weekend.
Daniel Ricciardo is also paying tribute to one of his countrymen. His helmet bears the message “Sir Jack Brabham, 1926 – 2014”, in honour of Australia’s three-times world champion who died earlier this week.
The Sauber drivers Esteban Gutierrez and Adrian Sutil are sporting distinctive designs created by Brazilian pop artist Romero Britto as part of a campaign for Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation for Cancer Research.
Sutil helmet has already been sold at auction while Gutierrez’s will be sold online via Charity Buzz.
2014 Monaco Grand Prix special helmets in pictures
- 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix in pictures
- 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying and final practice in pictures
- 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix practice in pictures
- 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix build-up in pictures
- Pictures: 2016 F1 testing day twelve at Silverstone
Images © Williams/LAT, Red Bull/Getty, Force India, Sauber, Caterham/LAT