The test has been arranged by Pirelli as Leimer’s prize for winning the championship last year.
The 25-year-old Swiss driver will drive a 2012-specification Lotus E20 at the French circuit, running on demonstration tyres. Pirelli plan for him to cover at least 300 kilometres of running.
Leimer beat Sam Bird to the GP2 title last year but failed to gain a place at an F1 team. He will drive for Rebellion Racing in the Le Mans 24 Hours next month.
2014 F1 season
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season review
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image © Pirelli/LAT