Rate the race: 2014 Monaco Grand Prix

2014 Monaco Grand Prix

Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, Monte-Carlo, 2014What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Monaco Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

[poll id="488"]

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

You need an F1 Fanatic account to vote. Register an account here or read more about registering here. When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.

See the results for past seasons here:

2014 Monaco Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Monaco Grand Prix articles

109 comments on Rate the race: 2014 Monaco Grand Prix

1 2 3 5
  1. zimkazimka (@zimkazimka) said on 25th May 2014, 14:53

Way to go Marussia!

2. Ciaran (@ciaran) said on 25th May 2014, 14:53

Ugh guys, Monaco is so boring, no excitement whatsoever…

Seriously though, what a great race. Pity we never got to see Hamilton push Rosberg to the flag, but there was enough going on to cover for that!

• Patrick (@paeschli) said on 25th May 2014, 15:07

It was actually a boring race until the last 15 laps.

7/10 for me, not more. Nice to see Bianchi scoring points.

• Psychotext (@textuality) said on 25th May 2014, 15:35

Yup, it was terrible aside from a couple of interesting laps whilst Danny was chasing down Hamilton. I wonder if most of the voters slept through the first part and woke up at the end. :D

• Ciaran (@ciaran) said on 25th May 2014, 15:59

@textuality So I take it you missed Sutil’s, Magnussen’s, Hulkenberg’s and Raikkonen’s overtakes?

• BJ (@beejis60) said on 25th May 2014, 16:28

@textuality @ciaran Ya, I was just about to comment that he must have missed those earlier passes and the fact that Marussia kept moving up and up the time sheets.

• Velocityboy (@velocityboy) said on 25th May 2014, 16:57

It seemed like 90% of the coverage was Hamilton chasing Rosberg which was boring. Like probably everyone else I was waiting for the pitstops as a chance for Hamilton to challenge for the lead and that was thrown away with the safety car.
            So while there was action further back, all we got were the highlights and not the actual battles so my vote was 4 out of 10.

• HoHum (@hohum) said on 25th May 2014, 22:49

Yeah, Monaco, impossible to pass blah blah, and it did have it’s processional moments but there were always chases and battles going on to keep me intrigued, then there were audacious passes, kamikaze moves and outrageous misfortune throughout to spice things up even further. 7.

3. NickF12013 (@nickf12013) said on 25th May 2014, 14:53

I don’t care what the rating rules are I’m giving it a 10 for Marussia !!!

4. Zantkiller (@zantkiller) said on 25th May 2014, 14:54

I thought Spain was the definition of a slow burner, that though was a perfect one.

Scenes of Marussia celebrating were brilliant.

5. Mackeine Loveine (@cocaine-mackeine) said on 25th May 2014, 14:54

5. Dullest race of the year. However the Hamilton-Ricciardo battle was epic!

• Oople said on 25th May 2014, 14:57

Are you mad… That was the best Monaco race I’ve seen in donkey’s years

• Mackeine Loveine (@cocaine-mackeine) said on 25th May 2014, 15:09

And the 2010, 2011 and 2013 races? They were way better than this one (specially 2011).

• Sankalp Sharma (@sankalp88) said on 25th May 2014, 15:11

6 for me. I’m sorry but the expected battle for the win never materialized there.

• ECWDanSelby (@ecwdanselby) said on 25th May 2014, 15:22

Would love to know what you rated the last race…

Sorry, but what was wrong with no run-off, no DRS, and every single overtake (and there were quite a few!) being earned?

Crazy opinions there!

I gave it a 9. Real racing from real racers, on a real circuit. Huge congrats to Bianchi and Marussia. Was a ballsy move following Raikkonen.

• trublu (@trublu) said on 25th May 2014, 16:09

Rated it a 5 as well. Just wasn’t exciting at all to me. Vettel looked racy before retiring and might have added a bit more excitement. It would have been nice to see him take it to Lewis.

• CeeVee (@ceevee) said on 25th May 2014, 16:34

As I explained last race I rate on excitement not interest. Chess can be very interesting but hardly ever exciting. So I gave it a five as well

• Jamie Henderson (@jaymeehenderson) said on 26th May 2014, 15:29

It always is a poor race for actual racing. 10 of the last 11 races have been won from pole. There was only a few “good” overtakes, the rest were dangerous lunges that just force the driver out wide. The only jeopardy was caused by poor driving, failing cars and some dirt. I didn’t believe for a second that Hamilton would pass Rosberg and certainly not that Ricciardo would get by. I only watched the highlights thankfully, I would have been upset if I’d watched it live.

Thank god Rosberg cheated so the weekend wasn’t a total blow-out.

6. Bobby Balboa (@bobby-balboa) said on 25th May 2014, 14:54

Go Marussia!!!

7. hunocsi (@hunocsi) said on 25th May 2014, 14:55

That was an epic!

8. Max Jacobson (@vettel1) said on 25th May 2014, 14:55

7 – Monaco did conspire against the action to some extent by not affording many overtaking opportunities but MARUSSIA!

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 25th May 2014, 15:14

Shame Ricciardo couldn’t quite get a shot at Hamilton towards the end. But defenitely a great Monaco race.

• JCost (@jcost) said on 25th May 2014, 15:18

I gave it 8 because that’s close to the most you can get in a dry race at Monte Carlo. Daniel late attack added a bit of drama and Bianchi’s performance (pros to the tv director for giving him some air time) was noteworthy.

Bring on Canada!

• Max Jacobson (@vettel1) said on 25th May 2014, 15:26

I didn’t enjoy it as much as Spain, simply because the battles couldn’t materialise into anything more than a slight procession. But still a very good race, by Monaco standards.

• Adam Kibbey (@kibblesworth) said on 25th May 2014, 17:53

I think 7′s fair. Monaco is tricky to score because the race tend to be a bit dull in modern F1 but this wasn’t just an enjoyable Monaco grand prix but an enjoyable race all round. And who could vote down a race that saw Marussia get their first championship points?

9. Adam Kibbey (@kibblesworth) said on 25th May 2014, 14:55

Congratulations to Bianchi! Congratulations to Marussia! Amazing job, amazing!

10. Tifoso1989 (@tifoso1989) said on 25th May 2014, 14:55

Congratulaion Marussia and Bianchi the only thing exiting in this race. Well done!!!!

11. ruliemaulana (@ruliemaulana) said on 25th May 2014, 14:56

Was going to give a 10 but it 9 it is…

12. Robert (@gicu) said on 25th May 2014, 14:57

A solid 8. Great drive by Bianchi, probably DOTW.

13. Strontium (@strontium) said on 25th May 2014, 14:57

A solid 10!! Just got the German anthem to listen to now :/ ;)

14. Strontium (@strontium) said on 25th May 2014, 14:58

Such a confusing race, some stupid and yet some brilliant drives. Absolutely thrilling!

15. Mayank (@mjf1fan) said on 25th May 2014, 14:58

Thought it would be normal monaco procession race. But blimey, it was another great race. Great battle between NR & LH for majority of the race and then LH visor problem gave DR an opportunity to close in on LH.

Solid drive from BIANCHI, HULKENBERG.

1 2 3 5