Rate the race: 2014 Monaco Grand Prix

2014 Monaco Grand Prix

Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, Monte-Carlo, 2014What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Monaco Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2014 Monaco Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (2%)
  • 2 (1%)
  • 3 (3%)
  • 4 (4%)
  • 5 (7%)
  • 6 (13%)
  • 7 (24%)
  • 8 (29%)
  • 9 (15%)
  • 10 (2%)

Total Voters: 570

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

You need an F1 Fanatic account to vote. Register an account here or read more about registering here. When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.

See the results for past seasons here:

2014 Monaco Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Monaco Grand Prix articles

109 comments on Rate the race: 2014 Monaco Grand Prix

1. FullSpe3d (@dryyoshi) said on 25th May 2014, 15:13

8/10
    Entertaining race all around, Marussia’s first points and some good midfield battles along the way, with the usual couple of incidents around Monaco which certainly helped to spice it up. Only downside was the rather tedious part after Sutil’s crash where for about 15 laps not much happened.

Nonetheless a great race and one of the best in Monaco for quite awhile!

2. Chris (@tophercheese21) said on 25th May 2014, 15:15

Those last 15 laps or so were absolutely manic! Loved it!

Gave it a 7.
    But on a Monaco scale it’s gets an 8.

BIANCHI DOTW!!!

3. tmekt (@tmekt) said on 25th May 2014, 15:15

A very good Monaco race. Strategic tension, more than enough overtaking and loads of drama.

The drama was of the magnitude that I even had to turn off the tv for a moment after Kimi’s additional pitstop to stop myself from throwing the remote to the wall.

4. Glenn (@glennb) said on 25th May 2014, 15:16

I gave it a 4. Good score for Monaco.

5. William Stuart (@williamstuart) said on 25th May 2014, 15:17

Not 10 because Hamilton didn’t win lol, but the rest was awesome, so many incidents and overtakes for a Monaco race. What a difference from Spain and China

6. Rigi (@rigi) said on 25th May 2014, 15:18

what a race, it was great! the end made up for the boring bit at the beginning and then the middle of the race.

9/10

7. Sujeeth (@sjct83) said on 25th May 2014, 15:21

8 for me lot of things happening around… fantastic move by hulk to pass MAG DEF JB in the end and BIA what a race for him and marussia. entertaining… way to go…

8. Patrick (@paeschli) said on 25th May 2014, 15:21

7/10

A few good overtakes, kudos to Sutil who managed a few passes at the hairpin again this year … until he crashed. Great overtakes by Hulkenberg and Bianchi too.

However it was a pretty dull race until Ricciardo began catching up on Hamilton. I don’t understand many of the high scores given here, nothing happened during ¾ of the race.

I feel sad for Kimi, a top 3 was possible but his team threw it away.

• Little_M_Lo (@pezlo2013) said on 25th May 2014, 15:50

Raikkonen’s team didn’t really throw it away…
      1. Chilton punctured his tyre during the 2nd Safety Car period
      2. Raikkonen was WAY too ambitious into the Loew’s hairpin on Magnussen, and required a new front wing. I believe he’ll recieve a grid penalty in Canada.
      Raikkonen in all fairness just had a bad race, due to misfortune and a bit of poor decision making on his behalf.

9. Lin1876 (@lin1876) said on 25th May 2014, 15:24

Talking points, incidents, some incredible overtakes, there was usually something happening, and a feel-good result with Bianchi in the points. 9.

10. Yobo01 (@yobo01) said on 25th May 2014, 15:26

7. A lot of drama, especially towards the end. The first half was probably a bit more boring than I expected, but it’s Monaco, so it can happen. Shame that Vettel and Raikkonen had problems, I think that the fight for P3 would have been very interesting.

11. Nick (@npf1) said on 25th May 2014, 15:28

As far as Monaco GPs go, this is a 10. This however is Rate the Race, not Rate the Race on Basis of an Average Monaco GP, so I’m giving it a 9.

Great battles, unexpected overtakes which took huge balls, mistakes, a backmarker scoring legit points (not seen since Super Aguri) and drama. Together with Bahrain the only races in a long time where I’ve been able to keep my attention purely to the race and wish it wasn’t over just yet.

12. David Margono (@woshidavid95) said on 25th May 2014, 15:35

I never really noticed Marussia but even I was so glad for them to score their first points, gotta thank Raikkonen and Magnussen for that :P Just because of that, I’m going to ignore the rating rules and give it a 9

13. ME4ME (@me4me) said on 25th May 2014, 15:37

4. I was disappointed when Vettel’s car broke down once more. He really has no luck at all has he? Raikkonen got pipped by a puncture, and Alonso was in no-mans-land. The Mercedes battle never really materialized. I expected some fireworks, but it was more talk than action. Highlights for me were Ricciardo doing a good job at the end, and Marussia finally get some points. Im happy for them, it surely will re-litt the fire and passion they have.

14. Little_M_Lo (@pezlo2013) said on 25th May 2014, 15:42

I think a 6 is a fair score to rate yesterday’s Monaco GP (it’s almost 1am here in Melbourne)
    I knew many people would vote higher up than I did, but in all fairness not much action occurred throughout the whole race. Yes, Perez and Sutil’s crashes both caused Safety Cars in the first 30-ish laps, and yes, Marrusia scored 2 points, but apart from that it was like the drivers were on train tracks until the last 10 laps. They just went through Loews, Rascasse and Nouvelle Station, and so on 50-ish laps in a row.
    In all fairness, the most entertaining piece during that period was depicting whether or not anyone would even have a small look up the inside.
    Thank goodness the last 15 laps shaped out the way they did. I was looking at a 3 for the majority of the race.

15. Sven (@crammond) said on 25th May 2014, 15:44

7 it is. Closer to an 8 than to a 6. Would have been better without the top-4. As much as I liked the moves done in midfield and behind, it´s sad noone at the front end ever tried anything.