Rate the race: 2014 Monaco Grand Prix

2014 Monaco Grand Prix

Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, Monte-Carlo, 2014What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Monaco Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2014 Monaco Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (2%)
  • 2 (1%)
  • 3 (3%)
  • 4 (4%)
  • 5 (7%)
  • 6 (13%)
  • 7 (24%)
  • 8 (29%)
  • 9 (15%)
  • 10 (2%)

Total Voters: 570

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

You need an F1 Fanatic account to vote. Register an account here or read more about registering here. When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.

See the results for past seasons here:

2014 Monaco Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Monaco Grand Prix articles

109 comments on Rate the race: 2014 Monaco Grand Prix

1. Ted (@tedtonks) said on 25th May 2014, 15:45

Since I’m a fan of Kimi and Valtteri this race wasn’t so great for me, but the action was there, some nice crashes, couple of nice overtakes… 8/10 for me :)

2. Neil (@neilosjames) said on 25th May 2014, 15:54

Gave it an 8.

It was never going to be an overtaking-fest but for a Monaco race, it was really good. Hulkenberg and Bianchi pulled off two of the best overtakes of the year, Hamilton kept Rosberg honest before Ricciardo kept him honest, some good close battling at the rear of the field and Raikkonen summoning the spirit of 2008 with fastest lap.

And Marussia with a point was the beautiful, beautiful icing on the cake. Took me back a decade to the days of edge-of-the-seat rooting for that Minardi to get to the end in the points.

3. pSynrg (@psynrg) said on 25th May 2014, 17:09

I’ll never like Monaco unless we get a repeat of Senna/Mansell ’92. A spectacle for sure but if ever anything looked more out of place and clumsy than here it would have to be the next land speed record being held down Pall Mall.

5 and most of that is for Rosberg’s superb drive (no I don’t think he messed up on purpose in quali.)

4. nomeg1 (@nomeg1) said on 25th May 2014, 17:31

I’ve lived better Gp’s, but wasn’t that bad, a 6 for me.
    A bit annoyed about Lewis’s stubborn mood, you can’t always win Lewis, better days ahead mate !
    Rosberg was brilliant of maestria, the Pool and Casino were fantastically quick !

Well done Bianchi, well done Marussia ! Here come some money from the FOM for you guys…

5. GB (@bgp001ruled) said on 25th May 2014, 18:36

8. it was not a specially interesting race, but the safety cars, the crashes, bianchi and monaco itself made it eventfully enough to make it somehow enjoyable! it wasnt all boring, just some laps in the middle…

6. Sean Doyle (@spdoyle17) said on 25th May 2014, 18:49

6. Kimi’s start was fantastic, but outside of that it was utterly dull at the front, and that’s what got the bulk of the coverage. If I could have the choice to cycle through the cameras, I’d probably rate this higher.

CONS:
    -No Maldonado. I was really hoping to see him in action.
    -Button/Perez
    -Processional at the front as mentioned before. Had Riccardo closed to Hamilton earlier, that would have been far better.
    -Tyre struggles – Keeping the set up to temp shouldn’t be that difficult.

PROS:
    -BIANCHI!!! (DOTW! Seriously, I’ll wander off early pouting like Lewis if it’s the Chilton Family Voting Team which keeps Jules from snagging it this time around.)
    -Kimi outshining Alonso early.
    -Vettel continuing his Webber luck – makes me glad that it looks like Red Bull is genuinely not screwing over Riccardo, and letting him shine.
    -Hulk’s drive.
    -The pre-retirement pace of the Toro Rossos.

Monaco is usually my least favorite race of the season, but it served up a race that I’d initially expected a 3 out of.

7. danny11 (@danny11) said on 25th May 2014, 19:22

Hamilton’s contrived get up is getting old, fast. IMO it cheapens F1.

• Tasimana said on 25th May 2014, 21:57

I was thinking the same thing. He would never have been able to get past and nico deserved the win. Lewis will start disenfranchising fans and play into Nico hands if he keeps acting like a cry baby. Nico for the title.

8. DaveD (@daved) said on 25th May 2014, 20:47

Monaco. Hmmm, Always a split decision for me. A 10 for the buildup, the nostalgia and tradition, and usually a 3-4 for the race itself because you can’t really pass.

But I’m giving this one a 7 simply because Marussia got some points!!! And to a much lesser degree because RIC actually pushed HAM at the end a bit. But truthfully, the RIC pressure was not as dramatic as it looked because it wan’t like he could pass him at Monaco if he had really caught him. If they’d had another 5 laps, Daniel most likely wouldn’t have done anything more than destroy his tires and irritate Lewis.

But again, I’ll give it a 7 just for Marussia! Congratulations guys!!!!

9. andae23 (@andae23) said on 25th May 2014, 21:22

As far as Monaco goes, that was a real cracker! Too bad Hamilton dropped back near the end, else I might have given it a 10/10. Some fantastic overtaking, especially that move from Hulkenberg on Magnussen at Portier and Bianchi on Kobi at the Rascasse. Thoroughly enjoyed it, especially with the oversteer due to the new engines :)

10. Tasimana said on 25th May 2014, 21:51

What makes this race is the in car camera and seeing how close they are to the barriers. Amazing really. Daniel deserved some good luck and a great third place. 7

11. SauberS1 (@saubers1) said on 25th May 2014, 22:22

It was not bad, i gave 8 points.

12. soundscape (@soundscape) said on 26th May 2014, 0:44

Not bad, 7 overall.

There were some great passes; too bad the coverage missed most of them and had to rely on replays.

Other than that, a pretty standard Monaco affair. Numerous safety cars and an orderly procession.

13. Dylan Mota (@mota18) said on 26th May 2014, 1:40

Gave it a 9/10 because it’s Monaco.
    I was loving Kimi’s pace riding in 3rd before the 2nd safety car and his collision with Chilton which ruined his chances. I would have loved to have seen him on the podium. A tip of the hat to Hulk and Alonso who did what the car allowed them to do.
    But DOTW, without a doubt, JULES BIANCHI! He’ll be partying hardest tonight after that spectacular drive in the Marussia. Great Job Mate. I’d love to see this become a regular thing for him and the rest of the team.

14. RACERNORRISKI (@racernorriski) said on 26th May 2014, 2:13

Yes, I gave it a 10. Many reasons, top 10 point winners were well scattered from richest to poor in resources. Smug Lewis got a second, started believing What N Luada and Nigel said…… Can not say ‘passing is impossible’ as many RACERS found places to pass, some more successful than others…. Kimi for example … I always support Kimi, but not sure about that komikaze move AND taking young Magnussen out. That was inexcusable. One last thought, as I remember it, green race cars were long considered bad luck…. I think JClark was killed while driving a green race car…. Thanks, RacernRemy

15. RACERNORRISKI (@racernorriski) said on 26th May 2014, 2:26

The following is pasted in from another article in todays F1. It’s understood that Rosberg apologised to Hamilton on Sunday morning for blocking his final lap during qualifying, while it also emerged on race day that Hamilton himself said sorry to Rosberg in Spain two weeks ago after running with a higher engine setting than had been pre-agreed prior to the grand prix. So once again Lewis is screwing over his team mate just like he did with Alonzo a few years ago.. Lewis seems to have no concept of what the term, team mate means….. Lewis is just devious and appears not to care about his behaviour as long as he wins… RnR