Rate the race: 2014 Monaco Grand Prix

2014 Monaco Grand Prix

Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, Monte-Carlo, 2014What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Monaco Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2014 Monaco Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (2%)
  • 2 (1%)
  • 3 (3%)
  • 4 (4%)
  • 5 (7%)
  • 6 (13%)
  • 7 (24%)
  • 8 (29%)
  • 9 (15%)
  • 10 (2%)

Total Voters: 570

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

You need an F1 Fanatic account to vote. Register an account here or read more about registering here. When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.

See the results for past seasons here:

2014 Monaco Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Monaco Grand Prix articles

109 comments on Rate the race: 2014 Monaco Grand Prix

1 3 4 5
  1. JenniKate (@jennikate) said on 26th May 2014, 3:42

Definitely the most exciting Monaco race I’ve seen in a long time. Battles all through the field, drivers taking chances that sometimes paid off and sometimes didn’t, nail biting finish for a few teams = 8 for me!

2. beninlux (@beninlux) said on 26th May 2014, 7:21

Good for Monaco, but by no means good

3. Keith Campbell (@keithedin) said on 26th May 2014, 9:06

The championship could have used two things:

1) Rosberg to take a win from Hamilton while both cars are running – Check
    2) Bit of aggro between the two contenders – Double check

I’m generally not a huge fan of the Monaco race, but this one was pretty good, albeit most of the action is missfortune and errors rather moments of brilliance. All you can expect in the way of overtakes at Monaco is a few messy, wheel banging passes, and we certainly got some of those. 7 from me but i can see why people would rate it either higher or lower.

4. RetardedF1sh (@retardedf1sh) said on 26th May 2014, 9:43

As a Finn, I can say it was a dissappointing race, luckily Rosberg saved it, but it was still a bit boring.

5. DDonovan1993 (@ddonovan1993) said on 26th May 2014, 21:41

As far as Monaco goes, that was a stunner! Best dry Monaco GP I’ve seen, second best race of 2014 after Bahrain.

6. Fixy (@fixy) said on 27th May 2014, 15:54

7/10
    And that’s mostly down to the several unexpected accidents/retirements which led to a thrilling finale with Bianchi in the top 10! I also noticed many drivers actually trying to overtake, which is good to see at Monaco.

7. sbl on tour (@sbl-on-tour) said on 27th May 2014, 22:47

turned over and watched the giro instead
    not interested now in which of them wins, boring rosberg/bad loser hamilton

8. PJA (@pja) said on 30th May 2014, 18:59

I rated the race a 5 and even then I thought I may have been a bit generous, so I was very surprised when most people have rated it an 8.

I only saw the BBC highlights and not the live race and while that usually means I don’t enjoy the race as much I don’t think that explains the difference.

For me it was a typical Monaco Grand Prix, it may be the ultimate test of the driver and the most glamorous race on the calendar but the race itself is usually one of the most boring of the year and unless the pole sitter makes a mistake or has car trouble he is almost guaranteed the victory.

That is why I have been glad when the BBC have chosen another race to broadcast live instead of Monaco.

Even if a GP does not have much on track action, if it has lots of tension and not knowing what the result will be until the chequered flag it can still be a great race for me but sadly it didn’t deliver.

There were a couple of good overtakes in the race which probably stopped me giving the race a lower rating, and I was really glad that Marussia finally got some points.

1 3 4 5