Caption Competition 52: Nico Rosberg

Caption Competition

Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, Monte-Carlo, 2014

The tension between Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton stepped up a gear during the Monaco Grand Prix weekend. Rosberg went off during qualifying, bringing out the yellow flags which prevented his team mate from improving his lap time.

While Hamilton fumed, Rosberg collected his second consecutive win on the streets of the Principality.

Here he is in kitchen during the build-up to the race weekend. As always it’s up to you to add your best attempt at a caption to the picture.

Post your captions in the comments and a selection of the best will appear in the next F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Daimler/Hoch Zwei

130 comments on Caption Competition 52: Nico Rosberg

1. Tyler (@tdog) said on 31st May 2014, 11:54

Even cooking his favourite dish failed to lift Nico’s spirits, as the full implications of the hug ban started to set in.

2. D (@f190) said on 31st May 2014, 11:54

Next you place the mixture in the brake ducts and by Mirabeau it should be perfectly cooked. And we’re done, pole position.

3. Andy (@turbof1) said on 31st May 2014, 11:54

“…And today I’ll show you how to prepare a Gratin Hamiltonois. Now it’s important to have the Lewis ingredient very steamy, possibly through cheating your way through qualifying. Preferable take a hungry one.”

4. Bruno (@brunes) said on 31st May 2014, 11:56

I’ll cook my tires just as bad going into Mirabeau

5. Andrew Dioso said on 31st May 2014, 12:02

Lewis loves me, lewis loves me not,lewis loves me….

6. AMR (@aiera-music) said on 31st May 2014, 12:06

Life can be tough for a number two driver!

7. BrawnGP said on 31st May 2014, 12:09

After failing to get it tattood onto his wrist or sewn onto his apron, Nico’s sponsor settles for having thier watch placed on the table.

8. theBrain (@thebrain) said on 31st May 2014, 12:13

Nico: “So, Lewis is cooking next? …Ah, there’s a smoke detector on the left!”

9. darren magee said on 31st May 2014, 12:22

Lewis this should slow you down in Montreal so win number three here we come

10. Toxic (@toxic) said on 31st May 2014, 12:23

A bit of tires squeak, some brakes locking, brush it with some steering wheel wobble and here it is. Perfect Pole for Perfect win.

11. Robbie (@robbie) said on 31st May 2014, 12:24

And here is Nico Rosberg making Derek Warwick’s favourite dish.

12. caci99 (@caci99) said on 31st May 2014, 12:32

The secret is not only in the ingredients, but how to bake it as well, but that’s another episode.

13. PhilEReid (@philereid) said on 31st May 2014, 12:42

“I wonder if these leaves are thin enough to fit through the gap in a helmets visor…”

14. electrolite (@electrolite) said on 31st May 2014, 12:44

Today, I’m going to show you how to make the Rosburger.

15. “It’s about time I tried out my new recipe for getting pole position at Monaco.”

16. Tasimana said on 31st May 2014, 12:52

Now where’s that silver spoon?

17. Alex McFarlane said on 31st May 2014, 12:53

Nico’s pre-race Monaco breakfast gave him such bad gas even his teammate couldn’t follow. Hamilton later claimed it had ‘burned his eyes’.

18. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 31st May 2014, 12:53

“…And in the celebrity chef look alike competition we have Nico Rosberg, doing his Gordon Ramsey impression!”

19. Sumedh said on 31st May 2014, 12:54

As my team-mate is hungrier than I am, here I am cooking for him.

20. schooner (@schooner) said on 31st May 2014, 12:56

Nico whips up a humble pie to serve his good pal Hamilton.