Sebastian Vettel got behind the wheel of a Ferrari F1 car at the Red Bull Ring in Austria, scene of the next round of the world championship.
Vettel swapped cars with former Ferrari driver Gerhard Berger. He drover Ferrari F1-87/88C Berger raced in 1988 and took to victory in that year’s Italian Grand Prix.
Berger, who last raced in F1 in 1997, also had the chance to drive Vettel’s world championship-winning car from 2012, the Red Bull-Renault 2012.
“That is so pure, so direct,” said Vettel after driving the 1988 Ferrari F1-87/88C with its 1.5-litre turbocharged engine.
“Because of the lack of downforce you don’t get the curve speeds, but never mind, it has enough power anyway. It’s a lot of fun. Awesome!”
Gallery: Sebastian Vettel drives Gerhard Berger’s 1988 Ferrari in Austria
2014 F1 season
- Lotterer confirmed in Kobayashi’s seat at Spa
- Mercedes target “trouble-free” Belgian GP
- Eau Rouge may not be flat-out any more – Sutil
- 2014 mid-season F1 driver rankings part one: 5-1
- 2014 mid-season F1 driver rankings part two: 12-6
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image © Red Bull/Platzer