Sergio Perez was held responsible for his high-speed collision with Felipe Massa on the last lap of the Canadian Grand Prix.
The Force India driver was given a five-place grid penalty by the stewards, who judged he caused the collision by “changing his racing line” moments before the impact.
Both drivers were taken to hospital as a precaution following the crash and were later released, the FIA confirmed.
2014 Canadian Grand Prix
- Perez keeps five-place grid penalty for Massa crash
- Stewards confirm review of Perez-Massa collision
- Stewards to investigate Massa-Perez crash again
- 2014 Canadian Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Canadian GP judged best race of the year so far
Image © Force India