Rate the race: 2014 Canadian Grand Prix

2014 Canadian Grand Prix

Felipe Massa, Williams, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, 2014What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Canadian Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2014 Canadian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (0%)
  • 6 (0%)
  • 7 (2%)
  • 8 (12%)
  • 9 (37%)
  • 10 (47%)

Total Voters: 885

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

You need an F1 Fanatic account to vote. Register an account here or read more about registering here. When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.

See the results for past seasons here:

2014 Canadian Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Canadian Grand Prix articles

Image © Williams/LAT

244 comments on Rate the race: 2014 Canadian Grand Prix

1. David Margono (@woshidavid95) said on 8th June 2014, 20:50

As a Vettel fan I find this pretty painful, getting stuck behind Hülkenberg really ruined it for him and when he lost out to Ricciardo at the pitstops it was game over… but otherwise 10/10

• Yoshisune (@yobo01) said on 8th June 2014, 22:23

Yeah, he built a very healthy gap to the Williams and Ricciardo in the first stint. Clearly he was fast and he could have easily won if something had worked out differently.
      But, you know, ifs and buts don’t matter, Hulkenberg did an awesome job, as always, in defending, as did Perez, before the problems with his brakes. Ricciardo was at the right place at the right time and he took some risks, so I think he deserves it.

2. NJ Joe (@nj-joe) said on 8th June 2014, 20:50

10/10 As you Brits say, a real cracker of a race. At first the ROS HAM rivalry, then the midfield battles, then the Merc problems, then Williams with big gains, then Ricciardo, then Force India resurgent, then all the attrition, and finally the last 10 laps with an awesome battle for the top 5. Sad for Massa and Perez though. Would have like to see either on the podium instead of Red Bull.

3. Wow, so pleased we got that live! Will go 9/10, just because of that last crash meant that it didn’t end how it felt it should, but if there was a 9.5 I would have put it! Not bad for milkcarts! Race of the year for me!

4. bharat (@bharat141) said on 8th June 2014, 20:52

First race after Brazil 2012, German national anthem isn’t played on the podium. So I give it a 10/10

5. EstF1 (@estf1) said on 8th June 2014, 20:54

9/10 for me because of Kimi and Valtteri finishing low. But otherwise an awesome race!

6. f199player (@f199player) said on 8th June 2014, 20:55

Amazing first we fought Rosberg would win then Hamilton, Massa then Perez and out of nowhere Ricciardo comes and wins it

7. Max Jacobson (@vettel1) said on 8th June 2014, 20:56

I’m not going to vote on this right now, as I’m slightly irked by Red Bull’s less-than-favourable strategy for Vettel. Good race, but better than Bahrain? No, it took too long to develop and overtaking was strangely almost too difficult.

• Andre Furtado (@f1andy83) said on 8th June 2014, 21:01

Agreed. Red bull is really irking me by giving ric better strategies. Vettel was faster than ric all weekend and yet no radio messages to get him by. This whole affair is sour.

• mickey18 (@mickey18) said on 9th June 2014, 6:25

Don’t think seb or his fans have anything to be disappointed about. Always a good thing for a team to have two race winners. Especially red bull, where seb and Daniel are part racing drivers, part marketing tools. In truth the way Vettel is carrying himself this year is cementing his reputation with me more then another yet another win would.

8. Like the rest of the Aussie’s here it was tough to get up at 4am (considering I’m now leaving to go and work a double shift) but it was well worth it!

9. Nick (@npf1) said on 8th June 2014, 20:57

I need to lay down, then come back to vote 10/10. First 15 laps were meh, but after that things got going and my word, that ending..

10. Saints (@saints) said on 8th June 2014, 20:58

Dream race, easy 10

11. Mach1 (@mach1) said on 8th June 2014, 20:59

Perez slightly ruined that race for me. His alternate strategy ended up being a cork in the bottle. No one could get past him on the straight to challenge Rosberg.

Even then….a 10

12. Calum (@calum) said on 8th June 2014, 21:00

9/10.

Bahrain was better but Canada still delivered another classic.

13. Max Jacobson (@vettel1) said on 8th June 2014, 21:01

I’m genuinely surprised by all the 10/10 ratings: I mean the race was good, but come on – there was very little overtaking throughout and the first half of the race before the Mercedes started breaking down was almost dull.

• LosD (@losd) said on 8th June 2014, 21:19

Simple: The missing nails on everybody’s fingers.

• HUHHII (@huhhii) said on 8th June 2014, 21:20

Really can’t remember any dull moment from the race, and this is coming from RAI and BOT fan.

• Putti SPIII (@veldaarf1) said on 8th June 2014, 21:26

Yes most of the racing was by DRS which was not so in Bahrain.
      BUT the sheer drama,excitement and thrill of the red bulls and force India chasing Rosberg(who held on admirably) is what makes this race at least a 9/10. Who would have expected a last lap crash between two of the frontrunners? And Button amazingly finished 4th! My mind is still in a tizzy…….

14. Helio (@helio) said on 8th June 2014, 21:01

10/10. Can’t be anything else.

Also, as a Brazilian, let me ask: could Massa be any more stupid? Massive frustration, if he had 1/10th of what Senna had he would have won today. As things are, he not only did not win, but wrecked poor Perez’s race. Pathetic.

• Jonny Edwards (@racectrl) said on 8th June 2014, 21:27

Harsh, but it did cross my mind as well. It was a golden opportunity and as per usual Massa wasted it. The team started it off by screwing up his pitstop so i suppose you could it was a lousy team effort.

• Rick Lopez (@viscountviktor) said on 8th June 2014, 21:27

As a non-Brazilian, can you justify how you think it was Massa’s fault? Perez moved under braking, in to his inside line. How can that be Felipe’s fault?

• Putti SPIII (@veldaarf1) said on 8th June 2014, 21:45

I think Perez wanted to defend his position but misjudged how close Massa was to him. As a Force India fan I’m gutted but I guess such errors happen. I’m actually relieved they didn’t hit Vettel. The situation could have turned uglier.

• AirR (@airroguedk) said on 8th June 2014, 21:56

Watch the replay, massa had a lot of space available to make a move, and he did not use any of it, ruining perez’s race in the process…

• Ricardo Ferreira (@yes-master) said on 9th June 2014, 12:10

I have the idea it was Perez’s fault. Massa was in his line and Perez changed his to the left, so, as I saw it, the crash was inevitable.

15. Malcolm Tucker (@malcolmtucker) said on 8th June 2014, 21:03

8/10 for me, would’ve got a 9 if there were less retirements and Perez slowing the charge on Rosberg made the end not as good as it could of been. Brilliant to see Ricciardo get a win but I don’t rate races on whether the guy I wanted to win wins or not

16. Master firelee (@master-firelee) said on 8th June 2014, 21:04

Why can’t I vote? 9/10 or 10/10 for me not sure.

17. andae23 (@andae23) said on 8th June 2014, 21:04

I don’t often give a race a 10/10 – last time was 2011 Canada – but this surely was the best GP I’ve seen since, if not even better. Constant excitement, unbelievable developments, nobody could have written a script for that. The only minus point is the excruciatingly awful FOM coverage, showing exactly what we don’t want to see.

Happy for Ricciardo, gutted for Perez :(

• Palle (@palle) said on 8th June 2014, 22:51

@andae23: You’re absolutely right about FOM coverage – it was particularly awful today: When Vettel almost hit the wall trying to overtake in the hairpin, FOM showed us the audience jumping up from their seats and there were plenty other bad judgements of what to show us, when. Complemented with the inability to find the interesting snippets to see again after the race it is pathetic. The epic battles and drama unfolding during this race would make it easy to recruit new fans of F1, if we were able to link to them or show them to potential new fans.

• HoHum (@hohum) said on 9th June 2014, 2:06

Absolutely agree, FOM must have bought in a director from X Factor or similar, seems to think the expression on peoples faces is more important than what is happening on track, idiot, sack him.

18. Putti SPIII (@veldaarf1) said on 8th June 2014, 21:18

Unbelievable!!! A strong 9/10 for me. Epic drama throughout! Really happy for the whole Red Bull team(this from a diehard Ferrari fan). Super happy for Daniel, a well deserved victory.
    I feel very bad for Perez and Massa. At least they are ok. Good job by Rosberg and Button.

19. Aqib (@aqibqadeer) said on 8th June 2014, 21:19

Just had to rate it 10 couldnt really find anything wrong just the relief when the red bulls got past perez

20. Eddie (@wackyracer) said on 8th June 2014, 21:20