Rate the race: 2014 Canadian Grand Prix

2014 Canadian Grand Prix

Felipe Massa, Williams, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, 2014What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Canadian Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2014 Canadian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (0%)
  • 6 (0%)
  • 7 (2%)
  • 8 (12%)
  • 9 (37%)
  • 10 (48%)

Total Voters: 885

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

You need an F1 Fanatic account to vote. Register an account here or read more about registering here. When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.

See the results for past seasons here:

2014 Canadian Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Canadian Grand Prix articles

Image © Williams/LAT

243 comments on Rate the race: 2014 Canadian Grand Prix

1. Diego (@ironcito) said on 8th June 2014, 21:23

I hesitate to give anything a 10 because it could always be better, but a solid 9 easily.

2. KeeleyObsessed (@keeleyobsessed) said on 8th June 2014, 21:23

After the Bahrain race, I put a comment explaining that 10/10 races require a special something. Something I can’t quite put my finger on.

Once again I can’t quite put my finger on it, but that race definitely had it. 10/10. One of the easiest ones I’ve given.

• Mackeine Loveine (@cocaine-mackeine) said on 8th June 2014, 21:33

Mate, I agree with you, but in some way there was too much DRSing. Something that I din’t liked at all. I was going to give a 9 to the race but I looked back at he five way battle to the lead and the nearly nowhere win from Ricciardo. Those points saved this raced from being a 9.

3. Jonny Edwards (@racectrl) said on 8th June 2014, 21:23

9/10. I had a feeling before the start that it would be a crazy race and it ended up being a wacky race! Thoroughly entertained but i’m not giving out a 10 purely because it was an merc problem that allowed Daniel to sneak a win.

4. Verstappen GP (@verstappengp) said on 8th June 2014, 21:24

What a race! It had it all; close battles, good strategies, failing cars and even two big crashes!
    Though between lap 20 and 30 there were about 5 laps where nothing happened, so I gave it a 9 (wish I could give it a 9.5 though)

5. R.J. O'Connell (@rjoconnell) said on 8th June 2014, 21:26

Keith, there seems to be a problem with the poll. I can’t rate this a 15 out of 10.

6. Cole (@cole) said on 8th June 2014, 21:26

Canada produced an epic race yet again!
    No better way to introduce someone in Formula one than showing this thrilling race.

Best race pf the season so far.

7. Fixy (@fixy) said on 8th June 2014, 21:28

This race was probably a 9.5… I did not think I would have got up shouting at the TV this year!

8. Adam Last said on 8th June 2014, 21:28

10/10. Brilliant result for Ricciardo, Hamilton fuming, Hamilton’s brakes fuming. Thoughts to Massa and Perez. Accident could have been a lot worse, seen as they almost collected Vettel.

9. smokinjoe (@smokinjoe) said on 8th June 2014, 21:29

i rate is this race 10/10 the race was soo good up front that we missed all the button overtake …and the end of the race i was really surprised looking at button on fourth place but i dont blame the race director because the action at the top end kept me on the edge of the seat

10. Sven (@crammond) said on 8th June 2014, 21:29

9/10. Really good one. Only the DRS-drive-bys instead of multi-corner-battles prevented it being a 10/10.

Congrats to Ric! It´s been more than a year that I felt happy for a race-winner.

11. budchekov (@budchekov) said on 8th June 2014, 21:29

9: Thrills galore, happy to see a new winner, respect !…..nice one Daniel. :)

12. Slava (@slava) said on 8th June 2014, 21:31

7/10, it was pretty boring before closing stages.

13. f1freek (@f1freek) said on 8th June 2014, 21:31

12/10. Absolutely fantastic race. I would say its the best and closest race we’ve had in a good 5, 6 years. Congrats to Ricciardo on a great win!

14. My all time favourite driver Mark Webber said about his first win that for him it was very important that he would win it on pace, on true driving, that it would not be a fluke. I think Ricciardo has been very lucky today to come accros these broken down Mercedes cars, to have been pitted at the right time to get ahead of Vettel, to be there right when Perez made his mistake. But, but he drove very mature and handled every situation perfectly. For me, his Monaco and Bahrein drives were better performances. Nontheless a beautifull place to take his first win, I will never say he didn’t deserve it.

We must keep in mind however that a hampered Mercedes was still almost as quick as the Red Bull. Perez has a brake problem and so did the both Mercedes cars together with Bottas that makes four Mercedes powered cars, coincidence?

For me today is the first race ever where Hülkenberg dissapoints. He should have been faster on those options and been ready to pounce on those Red Bulls, he must have had a problem too.

Brilliant drives from a lot of drivers. Shame it had to end in the wall for two of them. I expected Massa on the podium untill lap 67 or so.

Good race: 8/10

9/10 (Had Ricciardo won without the Mercedes it’s problem)
    10/10 (Had Massa been on the podium, somehow)

15. tkcom (@tkcom) said on 8th June 2014, 21:32