Rate the race: 2014 Canadian Grand Prix

2014 Canadian Grand Prix

Felipe Massa, Williams, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, 2014What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Canadian Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2014 Canadian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (0%)
  • 6 (0%)
  • 7 (2%)
  • 8 (12%)
  • 9 (37%)
  • 10 (48%)

Total Voters: 885

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

You need an F1 Fanatic account to vote. Register an account here or read more about registering here. When this poll is closed the result will be displayed instead of the voting form.

See the results for past seasons here:

2014 Canadian Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Canadian Grand Prix articles

Image © Williams/LAT

243 comments on Rate the race: 2014 Canadian Grand Prix

1. Bruno Pelletier said on 8th June 2014, 23:19

Year after year, Montreal is always fantastic, 10/10 as always…

2. Ricardo Ferreira (@yes-master) said on 8th June 2014, 23:22

Great race! a 9 without doubt. Ricciardo was huge today, Nico won the battle against Ham, Vettel is definitely improving, Massa very,very unlucky, and Ferrari a step behind even to Force India?
    But lots of emotion. Oh, and the cherry on the top of the cake, GP Canada for more 10 years!!

3. Palle (@palle) said on 8th June 2014, 23:22

An easy 10. The very long tension building up and then the action at the end. Only sad we didn’t see how Button got his very good result and much more. I simply don’t understand why we have to see the audience and the mechanics or anyone’s girlfriends reaction to the action on track during the race. I watch to see the racing, the other stuff they could save for later.
    Although I’m generally against TO, the one pulled by Williams this time contributed to the excitement of the race. I sincerely hope Massa and Perez will recover fully. The result was bad for Hamilton, but good for building up tension re the season as a whole.

4. Bullfrog (@bullfrog) said on 8th June 2014, 23:27

Laughing at people calling this race ‘artificial’ – the field wasn’t closed up late in the race by yellow flags, NASCAR-style, so it was better than Bahrain for me. Plus it had position changes, strategic gambles, last-lap drama and shocks and a really good result.

5. SauberS1 (@saubers1) said on 8th June 2014, 23:52

It was a very nice race, i rated 8/10.

6. Frost_Byte_94 (@frost_byte_94) said on 9th June 2014, 0:18

Race of the decade for me so far.

As a Canadian, I’m very proud of our lovely little track on Île Notre-Dame. At the same time, I’m an idiot for only living an hour from mtl and not going to the race

• Fernando Dasilva (@nando2323) said on 9th June 2014, 9:42

As an American that lives 6 hours away but was there you should be very ashamed of yourself:) OMG that was the best race. I still can’t believe I got to witness that with my own eyes live at the hairpin. Canada I love you and see you for the next 10 years for sure. I love Montreal best city in North America.

7. Pink Peril (@pink-peril) said on 9th June 2014, 0:42

I don’t have a nail left to my hand! Absolutely epic race – it had it all. And best of all, Danny Ric YOU LITTLE BEAUTY!

8. gwenouille (@gwenouille) said on 9th June 2014, 0:46

I’d be interested to see Button’s last lap from the onboard camera.
    Last time I’ve checked, he was behind Alonso and Hulk, but he came 4th ?!

9. Paul (@frankjaeger) said on 9th June 2014, 0:47

9/10, a brilliant race, littered with action and dicey overtakes.

10. Kiefer Hopkins (@kieferh4) said on 9th June 2014, 1:07

this is the start of something great for Ricciardo. I really think he can wrestle that title out of Vettel’s hands by the end of the year. I really do

11. Irejag (@irejag) said on 9th June 2014, 1:09

Best…. Race….. of ….. the ….. year…… Canada never fails to provide an exciting race. This is the kind of race I want to see all of the time. It was the first time this year that everyone in my household was yelling at the tv like it was a hockey game! And yes, I am Canadian.
    After Ricciardo’s tweet in the goalie mask he endeared himself to Canadians, and now he takes the win. He is going to be loved by Canadian’s for the rest of his career.
    Loved this race!!!!

12. Brian (@bforth) said on 9th June 2014, 2:31

Hamilton, Perez, and Grosjean retired after all drove strongly. Raikkonen ruined a reasonably strong race with a silly mistake.

On paper it should have been a fizzle, but another controlled drive from Hulkenberg and what can only be described as a shocker from Ricciardo sweetend the pot. That and lap after lap after lap of wheel-to-wheel racing made it a joy to watch. A solid 9. If the safety car had not come out with a chain of cars still fighting for the podium, it might have been a 10.

Still brilliant.

13. David not Coulthard (@davidnotcoulthard) said on 9th June 2014, 4:06

9….10…..9…..10….9…..10…..

10/10, though it would’ve been easier had somebody called Geddy/Neil/.Alex done the interviews:)

14. xlr8r (@xlr8r) said on 9th June 2014, 5:19

10/10

Excluding championship finales ((Brazil 2008 and 2012) and wet races (Canada 2011) this was the best race F1 race I have ever seen. This is the new benchmark for a dry F1 race. If it is not a 10/10 then what else can possibly be.

I cannot remember the last time watching a dry race where throughout the second half (Ever since the Mercs had their problems) that I had no idea who would win out of about a half dozen different drivers. Usually its just one two or three that still have a chance at winning. But today, ROS, HAM, RIC, VET, MAS, PER, HUL. all seemed like they had a legit chance of winning and I had no clue how it was going to play out. Fantastic race.

• hutch (@hutch) said on 9th June 2014, 6:32

Well said.

Suspense: That’s what made it a 10 for me. My level of enjoyment has nothing to do with the amount of overtakes and all to do with the openness of possible outcomes.

15. Sujeeth (@sjct83) said on 9th June 2014, 5:46

I would have given this race a 10 if Perez had finished in podium. Hard luck Checo and fi