Pastor Maldonado, Lotus, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, 2014

Caption Competition 53: Pastor Maldonado

Caption CompetitionPosted on | Author Keith Collantine

Pastor Maldonado, Lotus, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, 2014

Pastor Maldonado is the latest subject of our Caption Competition.

His difficult season continued in Canada, where his Lotus broke during during qualifying and again in the race.

Can you think of a caption to go with the picture? Add your suggestion in the comments below and a selection of the best will feature in the F1 Fanatic round-up later next week.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Pirelli/Hone

161 comments on “Caption Competition 53: Pastor Maldonado”

1. Pastor Maldonardo sitting with the people he hasn’t crashed into

1. Chris (@tophercheese21)
      14th June 2014, 12:13

2. Ha ha! Good one. I’m not even going to try after that. :)

3. Hahaa. :)
      “When I am not crashing into competition, I crash into parties.

2. Maldonado waiting for Grosjean to sit and watch the race after another car’s problem.

3. *Watches car pass* “I’d hit that!”

1. Jorn (@curbshifter)
      14th June 2014, 17:52

lol !

4. Not even the suspension on a camping chair was strong enough to withstand Maldonado

5. Maldonado enjoying a relaxing drink with all his friends

1. And another one: maldonado daydreaming about what it would be like to sit with the cool kids…

6. Why can i not find a car that lasts long enough to crash someone! Why!

7. Graham (@guitargraham)
    14th June 2014, 11:06

Lotus show Maldonado which seat he’ll soon be given if he doesnt stop crashing

1. haha! (y)

8. “I knew i should have packed a lunch in the car, this always happens”

1. Daniel (@collettdumbletonhall)
      14th June 2014, 13:37

9. Recent budget cuts means that Lotus are taking a new approach to seat fitting this year

10. Gavin Moore
    14th June 2014, 11:12

I like this new energy recovery option.

11. I’m really thirsty, but I can’t find my mouth. :(

12. Maldonado is unimpressed with his seat for 2015

13. David Scott
    14th June 2014, 11:17

“Come on Checo, you agreed that it was my week for the invisibility cloak.”

14. Pastor wonders how long he has to sit in the naughty corner for this time round.

15. “F1 is no picnic” laments Maldonado.

16. Maybe if I just sit here they won’t make crash jokes out of me.

17. ” What a disaster!! Canadian GP was exciting even though I didn’t crash into anybody.. Shame!!… “

18. Danksa (@danieljaksa)
    14th June 2014, 11:21

“I pay to drive and all I get from Lotus is bottled water and a chair for my friend”

19. !To crash, or not to crash: that is the question!”

20. Maldonado listening to his iPod, getting slightly depressed: “We are the champions, my friend..”