Caption Competition 53: Pastor Maldonado

Caption Competition

Pastor Maldonado, Lotus, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, 2014

Pastor Maldonado is the latest subject of our Caption Competition.

His difficult season continued in Canada, where his Lotus broke during during qualifying and again in the race.

Can you think of a caption to go with the picture? Add your suggestion in the comments below and a selection of the best will feature in the F1 Fanatic round-up later next week.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Pirelli/Hone

161 comments on Caption Competition 53: Pastor Maldonado

1. mihakse said on 14th June 2014, 11:19

Maybe if I just sit here they won’t make crash jokes out of me.

2. Jeevan (@jee1kimi) said on 14th June 2014, 11:19

” What a disaster!! Canadian GP was exciting even though I didn’t crash into anybody.. Shame!!… “

3. Danksa (@danieljaksa) said on 14th June 2014, 11:21

“I pay to drive and all I get from Lotus is bottled water and a chair for my friend”

4. raddie (@raddie) said on 14th June 2014, 11:22

!To crash, or not to crash: that is the question!”

5. Maldonado listening to his iPod, getting slightly depressed: “We are the champions, my friend..”

6. Dan_the_McLaren_fan (@dan_the_mclaren_fan) said on 14th June 2014, 11:27

Bernie Ecclestone is still looking for pay drivers for successfully funding his retirement, after his legal troubles. We have here a likely candidate…

7. Oscar Jonas said on 14th June 2014, 11:36

Everyone left when Pastor crashed the party.

8. And who said I wouldn’t find a seat for next year………

9. ”I better leave the old skid lid on in case I hit something”

10. Jamie Brothwell said on 14th June 2014, 11:40

Once again Maldonado picks the wrong seat

11. the_donz said on 14th June 2014, 11:42

I knew #*blub*# it wasn’t #*glog*# possible #*cough*# to drink #*gag*# this with #*blub*# my helmet on! #*cough*#

12. Beto (@chebeto) said on 14th June 2014, 11:52

When Maldonado said he was going to crash the party the rest of the team got the wrong message.

13. Little_M_Lo (@pezlo2013) said on 14th June 2014, 11:54

Maldonado overcooked the Pastor at camp

14. Cyberaxiom (@dave-m) said on 14th June 2014, 11:58

Pastor was unimpressed when he saw the only seat that PDVSA would buy for him next season.

15. Pink Peril said on 14th June 2014, 11:59

Pastor realises F1 is just not the picnic he thought it would be.