Caption Competition 53: Pastor Maldonado

Caption Competition

Pastor Maldonado, Lotus, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, 2014

Pastor Maldonado is the latest subject of our Caption Competition.

His difficult season continued in Canada, where his Lotus broke during during qualifying and again in the race.

Can you think of a caption to go with the picture? Add your suggestion in the comments below and a selection of the best will feature in the F1 Fanatic round-up later next week.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Pirelli/Hone

160 comments on Caption Competition 53: Pastor Maldonado

1. Neel Jani (@neelv27) said on 14th June 2014, 12:00

Maldonado, “I wish I was the Stig! Took away my job!”

2. hzh (@hzh00) said on 14th June 2014, 12:04

But why the helmet? is he crying?!

3. Chris (@tophercheese21) said on 14th June 2014, 12:15

“Sitting on this park bench has been the best decision in my career so far.” – Pastor Maldonado

4. runforitscooby (@runforitscooby) said on 14th June 2014, 12:19

Pastor demonstrates the safest ‘Lotus Position’ for everyone.

5. schooner (@schooner) said on 14th June 2014, 12:19

Maldonaldo finally begins to suspect a prank when he is the only one to show up for the company picnic.

6. Sean Doyle (@spdoyle17) said on 14th June 2014, 12:21

Pastor’s metaphor requesting the team build a comparatively tough car for 2015 went over everyones heads.

7. David not Coulthard (@davidnotcoulthard) said on 14th June 2014, 12:27

Zzzzzzzz……………

8. David not Coulthard (@davidnotcoulthard) said on 14th June 2014, 12:31

Enzzzzzzzzzztone

9. “I hope the Stig is not toying with my car…well, not as much as me… :|”

10. alexf1man (@alexf1man) said on 14th June 2014, 12:45

Maldonado waits at Turn 4 to cast his curse on the Caterhams and Marussias…

11. AndrewT (@andrewt) said on 14th June 2014, 12:53

“Could we please just install four wheels onto this bench…?”

12. Joshj81 said on 14th June 2014, 13:03

That comfy Williams seat is still not as good as my Lotus bench.

13. Robbie (@robbie) said on 14th June 2014, 13:06

You know things are not good when Pastor needs a helmet just to go on a picnic.

14. Imre (@f1mre) said on 14th June 2014, 13:12

It’s 14:07 and I’m out. What am I going to do for 90 minutes?

15. Robbie (@robbie) said on 14th June 2014, 13:15

Judging by their hospitality area and it’s occupant, it is obvious…Lotus is broke.