As the circuit shares the German Grand Prix with the Nurburgring and hosts it on alternate years, this is only the second time F1 has raced at the track using DRS.
The previous DRS zone on the approach to turn six, the Spitzkehre, is unchanged, with its detection point at the exit of turn four.
A new DRS zone has been added on the preceding straight heading towards turn two. The detection point is on the approach to turn one, with the activation zone shortly after it.
2014 German Grand Prix
- Mercedes explain cause of Hamilton’s brake failure
- Cause of Hamilton’s brake failure ‘still unclear’
- Three-in-a-row for Bottas in Driver of the Weekend
- Hockenheim continues 2014’s run of top races
- 2014 German Grand Prix team radio transcript
Image © Williams/LAT