2015 F1 season
Pastor Maldonado will continue to drive for Lotus next year, the team have confirmed.
Team principal Federico Gastaldi said Maldonado will remain with the team for a second year in a Q&A on the team’s website.
“I can confirm 50% of our driver line-up for 2015 as Pastor is with us for next year,” said Gastaldi.
“Despite the difficulties we’ve had so far this season, he recognises our true potential as a team and we recognise his true potential as a driver. We will achieve great things together.”
Lotus have suffered a difficult start to the season and scored only eight point so far, all of which were earned by Maldonado’s team mate Romain Grosjean.
“Romain is well aware of the prowess of Enstone after having finished on the podium for the past two years in one of our cars,” said Gastaldi. “Pastor was new to the team for this year but he recognises the potential of the squad.”
View the updated list of 2015 F1 drivers and teams
2015 F1 season
- ‘Are you sure it’s best to stay out?’ Radio call which cost Hamilton victory revealed
- 2015 Monaco Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Mercedes answers fans on Hamilton’s Monaco strategy error and rubbishes conspiracy claims
- No action taken over De Villota Marussia crash
- Top ten pictures from the 2015 Monaco Grand Prix
Browse all 2015 F1 season articles
Image © Lotus/LAT
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others