This video shot by a fan gives a new angle on Felipe Massa’s dramatic crash on the first lap of the German Grand Prix.
Massa’s Williams was flipped onto its roll bar after he tangled with Kevin Magnussen at the first corner.
Although Massa held the McLaren driver responsible for the collision, the stewards did not issue a penalty for the collision.
It is Massa’s fourth major crash of the year, coming two weeks after he was involved in Kimi Raikkonen’s first-lap shunt at Silverstone. He was also taken out on the first lap in Australia, when he was hit by Kamui Kobayashi, and crashed heavily with Sergio Perez on the last lap of the Canadian Grand Prix.
Were you at the German Grand Prix? Share your pictures and video from the race here:
2014 German Grand Prix
- Mercedes explain cause of Hamilton’s brake failure
- Cause of Hamilton’s brake failure ‘still unclear’
- Three-in-a-row for Bottas in Driver of the Weekend
- Hockenheim continues 2014’s run of top races
- 2014 German Grand Prix team radio transcript