Ferrari has announced changes to the organisation of its technical staff following the troubled start to its 2014 campaign.
Luca Marmorini, who has been the team’s director of engine and electronics since 2010, has left the company. Following changes to the power unit department Mattia Binotto has taken over as chief operating officer.
The team confirmed technical director James Allison will continue to oversee car development alongside chief designer for chassis Nikolas Tombazis and chief designer for power unit Lorenzo Sassi.
Marco Mattiacci took over as Ferrari’s team principal in April after Stefano Domenicali stepped down from the team.
2014 F1 season
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season review
Image © Ferrari/Ercole Colombo