Caption Competition 56: Caterham

Caption Competition

Tony Fernandes, Robin Frijns, Marcus Ericsson, Kamui Kobayashi, Caterham, 2014

It was all change for Caterham at the beginning of the season with new branding and an all-new driver line-up: test driver Robin Frijns joined rookie Marcus Ericsson and new signing Kamui Kobayashi.

But the changes didn’t stop there. Last month Tony Fernandes, frustrated at having gone four-and-a-half years without scoring a point, sold his team to new owners.

Add your funniest suggestion for a caption in the credits and a selection of the best will feature in an upcoming F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Caterham/LAT

99 comments on Caption Competition 56: Caterham

1. Brian Frank (@brianfrank302) said on 9th August 2014, 17:34

Three Musketeers of Caterham are for sale…..Anyone?

2. Nimba (@nimba) said on 9th August 2014, 17:55

Tony : Gentlemen, please smile your hearts out because one day we will feature in a caption competition.

3. David Not Coulthard (@davidnotcoulthard) said on 9th August 2014, 17:59

OK, Robin, how are your and Christijan’s last names’ pronunciation again? I think there’s this @andae23 person claiming Crofty’s to be wrong……..

4. David Not Coulthard (@davidnotcoulthard) said on 9th August 2014, 18:01

OK, so Al-bears, this is Robin Frins, and he’s going to do some testing at Zandvoert as soon as I leave.

5. Ian (@f1ian) said on 9th August 2014, 18:06

Reading the faces from left to right: L – “I really don’t know what I’m doing here” Middle – “Yep, all eyes on me” Right – “I know, I can’t believe I’m here either.”

6. Chris Lawson said on 9th August 2014, 18:18

Graham Norton: “Representing ‘England’ in the Eurovision Song Contest is Tony Fernandes supported by 3 dancers dressed in green”

7. ME4ME (@me4me) said on 9th August 2014, 18:37

With one of his pockets already empty, Fernandes hold a firm hand on the other

8. Lucien_Todutz (@lucien_todutz) said on 9th August 2014, 20:23

TF: “-Three drivers and only two seats, so gentlemen, bring out your check book !” :))

9. Marussi (@marussi) said on 9th August 2014, 20:31

This is a serious team with the best drivers

10. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 9th August 2014, 20:47

Tony decides to use the Blind Date game in a last ditch attempt to find his drivers a new team!

11. David Not Coulthard (@davidnotcoulthard) said on 9th August 2014, 20:55

(This will only work in Southeast Asia, but anyway…)Having taken suggestions from Kathleen and Mark, I’ll fire………wait, why is Tony written on the script?

12. acedown said on 9th August 2014, 20:59

Bernie over the loud speaker, “You’re not going to make in the fashion industry either!”.

13. Wesley (@wesley) said on 9th August 2014, 23:06

“Come on Kamui,don’t be shy…move your hands and show them the inspiration for our Caterham 2014 nose.”

14. Verstappen said on 9th August 2014, 23:09

Christijan Albers wearing a Colin Kolles suit wearing a Tony Fernandes suit

15. MattyPF1 (@mattypf1) said on 9th August 2014, 23:33

“And to my left this gentlemen right next to me is only the test and reserve driver who didn’t flash enough cash for a full time drive and next to him are the two drivers who did flash the cash. Now gentlemen, I know Bianchi is a quick driver and all but there’s no reason why Caterham can’t beat Marussia in the WCC. I mean, it’s not like they’re going to be scoring points anytime soon, right?”

16. greg-c (@greg-c) said on 10th August 2014, 0:11

For a cash strapped team Tony sure is eating ok !

17. greg-c (@greg-c) said on 10th August 2014, 0:13

Caterham will be shifting its core business to Catering,

18. schooner (@schooner) said on 10th August 2014, 0:38

Tony Fernandes and his models at the unveiling of his new “Blue Flag” line of men’s casual clothing.

19. SauberS1 (@saubers1) said on 10th August 2014, 2:46

Guess, who’s gonna drive our winner car out of these guys?

20. catered ham said on 10th August 2014, 6:22

TF: ‘Bachelor number 3 – where is the strangest place you’ve crashed your Caterham?’
    ME: ‘i’d have to say that would be into the pit, Tony…’