Caption Competition 57: Lauda and Wolff

Caption Competition

Niki Lauda, Toto Wolff, Hungaroring, 2014

Niki Lauda and a slightly damaged Toto Wolff survey Mercedes’ opposition in the pit lane at the Hungaroring.

Wolff arrived in Hungary after suffering several injuries due to a fall while mountain biking with other Mercedes employees.

Add your funniest suggestion for a caption in the credits and a selection of the best will feature in an upcoming F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Daimler/Hoch Zwei

95 comments on Caption Competition 57: Lauda and Wolff

1. Robbie (@robbie) said on 16th August 2014, 13:27

In this instance Lauda agrees with the amount of time spent fixing the Armco.

2. MattyPF1 (@mattypf1) said on 16th August 2014, 13:40

TW: … and that’s how I fell off my bike. Funny story, right?
    NL: You’re better off letting Susie be the permenant driver from now on.

3. dam00r (@dam00r) said on 16th August 2014, 13:45

“Toto Wolff with his right hand man Niki Lauda”

4. schooner (@schooner) said on 16th August 2014, 13:58

“Okay Niki, lets see if we can make these guys believe that it’s your arm that is broken.”

5. airtone said on 16th August 2014, 14:07

I hope I’m clear now: no team order in my team!

6. Robbie (@robbie) said on 16th August 2014, 14:24

Nice try Niki, but there’s nothing in that pocket.

7. Jack (@jackisthestig) said on 16th August 2014, 14:39

“Get some sponsorship on it Toto, do you know how much I earn from my cap?”

8. John H (@john-h) said on 16th August 2014, 14:50

Niki hitches a ride for one armed ‘colleague’

9. Captain said on 16th August 2014, 14:55

Toto, who ordered the new rain jackets?

Look! I can put my bloody arm right through it!

(insert Lauda-esque expletives as appropriate)

10. Slava (@slava) said on 16th August 2014, 15:12

After Hungary GP.
    Wolff: – Lewis is an …..!
    Lauda: – On the other hand, we still have 4 legs to kick our pilots and to make them follow our orders!

11. if this goes tits up we can still be the new Larel and Hardy

12. Aberracus said on 16th August 2014, 17:03

Laura between teeths to Wolf: if you or your guys sabotage Lewis car again, it’s gonna be more than an arm, now smile for the camera Wolf.

13. David Not Coulthard (@davidnotcoulthard) said on 16th August 2014, 17:06

Here at Mercedes, we now recognise the ideals behind Double Points.

14. the_sigman (@sigman1998) said on 16th August 2014, 17:18

Toto tells Lauda why he breaked his arm. It is told that it happened when Toto said to Susie she would not drive in FP1 at Hungary.

15. cjpdk (@cjpdk) said on 16th August 2014, 17:21

“But Niki, it’s your turn to talk to Bernie!”

16. Lauda: “That’s what happens to you when you mess with a Stevenage boy”

17. “Lauda and reportedly clumsy Toto who hit a door earlier in the week..”

18. Irejag (@irejag) said on 16th August 2014, 18:02

Maybe if we try to look really involved in conversation we could be the next caption competition. – Toto. What caption competition? – Niki

19. Wolf: The time has come. I need to take this team order matter into my own hands.
    Lauda: Oops. Too late. :D

20. Niki Lauda To Toto Wolf; “I told you what would happen the next time you touched me”