The team had announced yesterday Chilton was being replaced by their reserve driver due to “contractual issues”. Chilton refuted that claim, saying he had voluntarily stepped down to let the team raise money by selling the seat.
Rossi has participated in today’s first practice session for the team but will relinquish his seat to Chilton as of this afternoon.
Marussia issued the following statement: “Following a change in circumstances and with the approval of the stewards of the meeting, Max Chilton will be the nominated driver for the duration of the Belgian Grand Prix.”
2014 Belgian Grand Prix
- Rosberg says he chose to apologise for Spa crash
- Third win, second Driver of the Weekend for Ricciardo
- Spa serves up another race to remember
- 2014 Belgian Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Hamilton: “We both made mistakes”
Image © Marussia