Caption Competition 58: Jos and Max Verstappen

Caption Competition

Jos Verstappen. Max Verstappen, Toro Rosso, Spa-Francorchamps, 2014

Max Verstappen, the teenager who will make his F1 debut with Toro Rosso next year, looks on in the Toro Rosso garage with his father, ex-F1 driver Jos Verstappen.

Add your funniest suggestion for a caption in the credits and a selection of the best will feature in an upcoming F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Red Bull/Getty

117 comments on Caption Competition 58: Jos and Max Verstappen

1 2 3 7
  1. David Not Coulthard (@davidnotcoulthard) said on 30th August 2014, 11:56

Being on fire was bad for me, but it’ll serve you very, very well!

2. David Not Coulthard (@davidnotcoulthard) said on 30th August 2014, 11:58

Crofty’s mispronounced Giedo’s, Robin’s names, and will probably mispronounce mine – but your name is crofty-mispronounciation immune!

3. Adysseus (@adysseus) said on 30th August 2014, 12:03

Jos: he thinks I’m talking about the race track, but I mean the curves of that hot broad over there
    Max: he thinks I’m thinking about the race track, but that fox over there has got much better curves

4. David Not Coulthard (@davidnotcoulthard) said on 30th August 2014, 12:03

Cristijan may have had Yuji and I may have had to see Taki, but that’s nothing compared to Cumberbatch!

5. nemo87 (@nemo87) said on 30th August 2014, 12:08

I don’t care if you’ve got a race that weekend.

Homework is due in on Monday.

6. Clive Allen (@clive-allen) said on 30th August 2014, 12:08

Just remember, do NOT suck your thumb during team meetings…

7. MattyPF1 (@mattypf1) said on 30th August 2014, 12:13

Jos: Ok son, I know you’re going to be 17 when you debut but even if the car you have can get you a podium finish, please don’t get one because… well… lets just say champagne doesn’t taste as good as it seems.

8. laur (@eyeszmen) said on 30th August 2014, 12:15

JOS: Hopefully your swollen nipples will get better next year.

9. I will wash the car, if you Will do the drive-ing.

See pic @

10. Traverse said on 30th August 2014, 12:17

Don’t worry, I’ll buy some Clearasil on the way home.

11. MattyPF1 (@mattypf1) said on 30th August 2014, 12:19

Jos: No matter what happens, every time you complain about having a better team mate I’m just going to say ‘I had Michael Schumacher as my team mate when I debuted. Get over it!’.

12. Traverse said on 30th August 2014, 12:20

The DNA test just came back. Turns out you real father is MC Hammer…

13. andy2k12 (@andy2k12) said on 30th August 2014, 12:24

Jos: If H.Marko is mean to you, just call me and I’ll have a chat with his parents, okay?!

14. Jos: when I was your age, I was still playing with Lego.

15. Akhilesh (@graywizzard) said on 30th August 2014, 12:24