Caption Competition 58: Jos and Max Verstappen

Caption Competition

Jos Verstappen. Max Verstappen, Toro Rosso, Spa-Francorchamps, 2014

Max Verstappen, the teenager who will make his F1 debut with Toro Rosso next year, looks on in the Toro Rosso garage with his father, ex-F1 driver Jos Verstappen.

Add your funniest suggestion for a caption in the credits and a selection of the best will feature in an upcoming F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Red Bull/Getty

117 comments on Caption Competition 58: Jos and Max Verstappen

1. DavidS (@davids) said on 30th August 2014, 12:31

If you don’t screw this up, maybe I’ll let you drive home.

2. PhilEReid (@philereid) said on 30th August 2014, 12:32

MV: “So how long am I ground for?”
    JV: “Two weeks.”

3. verstappen (@verstappen) said on 30th August 2014, 12:36

‘…never tell anyone your teammate has tractioncontrol, even if he has’

4. Graham (@guitargraham) said on 30th August 2014, 12:39

look, i know the drink tastes like paint thinners but theyre giving you the drive

5. Atticus (@atticus-2) said on 30th August 2014, 12:41

“So Max, look out for that Magnussen kid next year – his father lost his seat to me in F1 and Jan might ask him to get revenge somehow…”

6. Jos talks protection with his son on the eve of the “big” day.

7. Formula Indonesia (@) said on 30th August 2014, 13:04

Jos : okay, so get ahead Kvyat first
    Max : where is my super license

8. pokerman (@pokerman) said on 30th August 2014, 13:05

Now….!! Are you sure you can handle the car without stabilisers ?? There will be a lot less grip out there.

9. Kartik said on 30th August 2014, 13:07

Remember to Praise Helmut when you can

10. Scalextric (@scalextric) said on 30th August 2014, 13:09

No, no, no, you could have 2 world championships before you’re as old as Vettel was when he started in F1.

11. schooner (@schooner) said on 30th August 2014, 13:11

“It’s either pony rides OR the bounce house for your birthday party, not both.”

12. yihwarang (@yihwarang1) said on 30th August 2014, 13:28

Jos : Tell the media like this “I respect my Dad. I hope to drive like my father. ”
    Max : No. Alonso!

13. RobDin said on 30th August 2014, 13:43

Jos: “Now Max remember don’t drive like me drive like your mother, after all she was faster than Trulli and Schumacher in a kart and doesn’t have my explosive personality.”
    Max: “Yeah yeah I know that you made mistakes and I shouldn’t make them.”
    In the back of both minds “Than why am I/is he driving a F1 car next year being even younger than you were/ I was…”

14. Gill (@gill) said on 30th August 2014, 13:51

Son, Just don’t reveal your real age to them.

15. Marl007 said on 30th August 2014, 13:56

Just tell them your as good as alonso… They’ll all believe you