Caption Competition 58: Jos and Max Verstappen

Caption Competition

Jos Verstappen. Max Verstappen, Toro Rosso, Spa-Francorchamps, 2014

Max Verstappen, the teenager who will make his F1 debut with Toro Rosso next year, looks on in the Toro Rosso garage with his father, ex-F1 driver Jos Verstappen.

Add your funniest suggestion for a caption in the credits and a selection of the best will feature in an upcoming F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Red Bull/Getty

117 comments on Caption Competition 58: Jos and Max Verstappen

1. Jos talks protection with his son on the eve of the “big” day.

2. Formula Indonesia (@) said on 30th August 2014, 13:04

Jos : okay, so get ahead Kvyat first
    Max : where is my super license

3. Mark Scott (@pokerman) said on 30th August 2014, 13:05

Now….!! Are you sure you can handle the car without stabilisers ?? There will be a lot less grip out there.

4. Kartik said on 30th August 2014, 13:07

Remember to Praise Helmut when you can

5. Scalextric (@scalextric) said on 30th August 2014, 13:09

No, no, no, you could have 2 world championships before you’re as old as Vettel was when he started in F1.

6. schooner (@schooner) said on 30th August 2014, 13:11

“It’s either pony rides OR the bounce house for your birthday party, not both.”

7. yihwarang (@yihwarang1) said on 30th August 2014, 13:28

Jos : Tell the media like this “I respect my Dad. I hope to drive like my father. ”
    Max : No. Alonso!

8. RobDin said on 30th August 2014, 13:43

Jos: “Now Max remember don’t drive like me drive like your mother, after all she was faster than Trulli and Schumacher in a kart and doesn’t have my explosive personality.”
    Max: “Yeah yeah I know that you made mistakes and I shouldn’t make them.”
    In the back of both minds “Than why am I/is he driving a F1 car next year being even younger than you were/ I was…”

9. Gill (@gill) said on 30th August 2014, 13:51

Son, Just don’t reveal your real age to them.

10. Marl007 said on 30th August 2014, 13:56

Just tell them your as good as alonso… They’ll all believe you

11. ColdFly F1 (@coldfly) said on 30th August 2014, 13:59

Son, don’t call me dad.
    You should always call me The Boss!

12. Wheel Nut (@wheel-nut) said on 30th August 2014, 14:00

Get round the lap in less than 2 minutes and I’ll take the stabilisers off

13. Looking at Jos’ hand:
    “When you accelerate away at your first GP, don’t spin all four wheels at once. The back two is more than enough to cause a stair.”

14. Chris (@tophercheese21) said on 30th August 2014, 14:09

Jos: “… and so when petrol and oxygen love eachother very much, they combine and… Err, well I’ll leave the rest of the story until you’re older.”

15. phildick (@phildick) said on 30th August 2014, 14:10

MV: Don’t treat me like a child, I’m old enough now.
    JV: Fine, we’ll see when you ask me to give you a lift to your girlfriend’s place again…

16. “So, you joined Toro Rosso at a young age. What’s the vers-that-can-tappen?!”

17. Tifoso1989 (@tifoso1989) said on 30th August 2014, 14:24

Jos : “F1 is big boys school …”
    Max :”I thought i was going to university !”

18. Bullfrog (@bullfrog) said on 30th August 2014, 14:24

“Dr Marko wanted you to do GP3 but I said no way! Ever tried getting a teenager out of bed for a race at 8 in the morning?”

19. hzh (@hzh00) said on 30th August 2014, 14:25

Remember, the gas pedal is on the right.