Caption Competition 58: Jos and Max Verstappen

Caption Competition

Jos Verstappen. Max Verstappen, Toro Rosso, Spa-Francorchamps, 2014

Max Verstappen, the teenager who will make his F1 debut with Toro Rosso next year, looks on in the Toro Rosso garage with his father, ex-F1 driver Jos Verstappen.

Add your funniest suggestion for a caption in the credits and a selection of the best will feature in an upcoming F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Red Bull/Getty

116 comments on Caption Competition 58: Jos and Max Verstappen

1. ColdFly F1 (@coldfly) said on 30th August 2014, 13:59

Son, don’t call me dad.
    You should always call me The Boss!

2. Wheel Nut (@wheel-nut) said on 30th August 2014, 14:00

Get round the lap in less than 2 minutes and I’ll take the stabilisers off

3. Looking at Jos’ hand:
    “When you accelerate away at your first GP, don’t spin all four wheels at once. The back two is more than enough to cause a stair.”

4. Chris (@tophercheese21) said on 30th August 2014, 14:09

Jos: “… and so when petrol and oxygen love eachother very much, they combine and… Err, well I’ll leave the rest of the story until you’re older.”

5. phildick (@phildick) said on 30th August 2014, 14:10

MV: Don’t treat me like a child, I’m old enough now.
    JV: Fine, we’ll see when you ask me to give you a lift to your girlfriend’s place again…

6. “So, you joined Toro Rosso at a young age. What’s the vers-that-can-tappen?!”

7. Tifoso1989 (@tifoso1989) said on 30th August 2014, 14:24

Jos : “F1 is big boys school …”
    Max :”I thought i was going to university !”

8. Bullfrog (@bullfrog) said on 30th August 2014, 14:24

“Dr Marko wanted you to do GP3 but I said no way! Ever tried getting a teenager out of bed for a race at 8 in the morning?”

9. hzh (@hzh00) said on 30th August 2014, 14:25

Remember, the gas pedal is on the right.

10. Bruno (@brunes) said on 30th August 2014, 14:31

Jos: “Vettel does the finger thing when he wins, you will do the double-finger”

11. michaeldobson13 (@michaeldobson13) said on 30th August 2014, 14:39

Max: Ok, but what’s this ‘gravel’ you keep going on about?

12. KeithR (@lockup) said on 30th August 2014, 14:57

“No you mustn’t think of them as ‘the grown-ups’, Max. That won’t help you race them. They’re ‘old farts’, okay?”

13. “Don’t worry, I talked to Franz Tost, they agreed to hang a candy stick in front of you.”

14. Jos Verstappen giving the “birds and the bees talk” to his son Max, after spending the day gazing to Toro Rosso’s nose cone.