Caption Competition 58: Jos and Max Verstappen

Caption Competition

Jos Verstappen. Max Verstappen, Toro Rosso, Spa-Francorchamps, 2014

Max Verstappen, the teenager who will make his F1 debut with Toro Rosso next year, looks on in the Toro Rosso garage with his father, ex-F1 driver Jos Verstappen.

Add your funniest suggestion for a caption in the credits and a selection of the best will feature in an upcoming F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Red Bull/Getty

117 comments on Caption Competition 58: Jos and Max Verstappen

1. cjpdk (@cjpdk) said on 30th August 2014, 22:03

“If you crash in Austrlia you’re not having any ice cream that night.”

2. Goriot said on 30th August 2014, 22:21

– “Son, if you win a race, perhaps a girl would kiss you!”
    – “I’ll try, dad!”

3. D (@f190) said on 30th August 2014, 22:44

Right, where’s the boss ? The advert said kids eat free !

4. Okay… now for the inside. The cervix would be right between my index and second fingers.

5. Little_M_Lo (@pezlo2013) said on 31st August 2014, 0:25

Max – Dad, can I have some Champagne?
    Jos – Sure, in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi

6. F1QA said on 31st August 2014, 0:50

Listen, it is better to be paid to drive in F1 rather than have to pay to drive in GP2 ow whatever in spite of gaining much needed experience. Trust me, it work out well in my case…didn’t it?

7. alexf1man (@alexf1man) said on 31st August 2014, 9:25

Max “I was told that if you can cope with going from 0-16 in under three seconds, you’re ready for F1″, Jos “Max, it’s 0-60, not 0-16 – maybe you’re going deaf!”

8. Osvaldas31 (@osvaldas31) said on 31st August 2014, 10:17

Jos: “Ha, Schumacher’s son still drives kartings!”

9. Atomic Wolf (@atomicwolf) said on 31st August 2014, 11:46

Jos: Now Max, your mummy was a kart driver and I’ve driven lots of different cars, you should be able to drive one of these F1 cars, it’s basically like scalextric !

10. suffolk (@suffolk) said on 31st August 2014, 13:07

“No son, the bearded guy in the red suit performing miracles driving that red nosed sledge around the world is not Santa – its Fernando.”

11. Robbie (@robbie) said on 31st August 2014, 13:30

See how Vergne and Kvyat have their settings? You will always be able to turn yours to ‘Max’. Every radio comm will be ‘Max this, or Max that’…so now you see what your mother and I did there?

12. Jos- now just remember you them big balls, the ones you inherited from me!
    who’s ya daddy?
    Max- that’s not what mum told me………

13. Sauber (@mumito) said on 31st August 2014, 16:16

My son…VET was WDC in the RB7….you managed to crash it during a Demo….You might want to leave Toro Rosso and buy a seat at Caterham, with KOB who has crashed a Ferrari the same way.

14. Leroy (@g-funk) said on 31st August 2014, 18:17

Just don’t put the demonstration car into the wall on your first day in an F1 car. Ok?

15. chris said on 31st August 2014, 20:26

Son,let me tach you how to make donuts…

Like this http://youtu.be/RTBz8tHVDpI
    Not like this http://youtu.be/293uG4Nr3KQ

16. Placid (@placid) said on 1st September 2014, 2:50

Jos: You have great lips. You do not need any plastic surgery.
    Max: But there are not big enough!!!!!
    Jos: Why so serious?

17. apexor said on 1st September 2014, 3:32

Jos: okay son lets talk about the bees and the birds. Before it were the birds but now its the bees… Interupted by Max.
    Max: But pa I know what birds and the bees are but what the heck are you talking about?

Jos: Sorry son, I am comparring the engines. Right now they sound like bees but before they were as fast as the birds.

Max: I see now so it will take time to get laid.

18. Justin said on 1st September 2014, 4:17

Son, just remember one thing, look out for those German guys!

19. Lapov Onor said on 1st September 2014, 13:05

Be home by 10pm and remember you can’t play at Singapore, it is past your bedtime