Caption Competition 58: Jos and Max Verstappen

Caption Competition

Jos Verstappen. Max Verstappen, Toro Rosso, Spa-Francorchamps, 2014

Max Verstappen, the teenager who will make his F1 debut with Toro Rosso next year, looks on in the Toro Rosso garage with his father, ex-F1 driver Jos Verstappen.

Add your funniest suggestion for a caption in the credits and a selection of the best will feature in an upcoming F1 Fanatic round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all Caption Competitions

Image © Red Bull/Getty

117 comments on Caption Competition 58: Jos and Max Verstappen

1. Mathers (@mathers) said on 30th August 2014, 21:06

‘Max, I don’t care how nice those girls giving you champagne on the podium are, if I catch you drinking, I won’t be happy!’

2. Mathers (@mathers) said on 30th August 2014, 21:09

‘What are you looking at over there Papa?’

‘I don’t want to alarm you but your mother is over there, she’s not happy. You left your washing on the floor again!’

3. Jakob said on 30th August 2014, 21:14

Remember: you might be an F1 driver now but bedtime is still 8 P.M.!

4. lawrence said on 30th August 2014, 21:21

Psst, Max, Hamilton’s behind you. Don’t make an eye contact, or he’ll try to give you an interview.

5. Ryan Petersen (@aiera-music) said on 30th August 2014, 21:54

“Don’t let them talk you into removing that filter thing from the fuel rig either.”

6. cjpdk (@cjpdk) said on 30th August 2014, 22:03

“If you crash in Austrlia you’re not having any ice cream that night.”

7. Goriot said on 30th August 2014, 22:21

- “Son, if you win a race, perhaps a girl would kiss you!”
    – “I’ll try, dad!”

8. D (@f190) said on 30th August 2014, 22:44

Right, where’s the boss ? The advert said kids eat free !

9. Okay… now for the inside. The cervix would be right between my index and second fingers.

10. Little_M_Lo (@pezlo2013) said on 31st August 2014, 0:25

Max – Dad, can I have some Champagne?
    Jos – Sure, in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi

11. F1QA said on 31st August 2014, 0:50

Listen, it is better to be paid to drive in F1 rather than have to pay to drive in GP2 ow whatever in spite of gaining much needed experience. Trust me, it work out well in my case…didn’t it?

12. alexf1man (@alexf1man) said on 31st August 2014, 9:25

Max “I was told that if you can cope with going from 0-16 in under three seconds, you’re ready for F1″, Jos “Max, it’s 0-60, not 0-16 – maybe you’re going deaf!”

13. Osvaldas31 (@osvaldas31) said on 31st August 2014, 10:17

Jos: “Ha, Schumacher’s son still drives kartings!”

14. Atomic Wolf (@atomicwolf) said on 31st August 2014, 11:46

Jos: Now Max, your mummy was a kart driver and I’ve driven lots of different cars, you should be able to drive one of these F1 cars, it’s basically like scalextric !

15. suffolk (@suffolk) said on 31st August 2014, 13:07

“No son, the bearded guy in the red suit performing miracles driving that red nosed sledge around the world is not Santa – its Fernando.”