2016 F1 season
The new Formula One team due to enter the sport in 2016 will be officially known as Haas F1 Team instead of Haas Formula.
“Haas F1 Team automatically conveys our place among the pinnacle of motorsports,” said Haas Automation founder and team chairman Gene Haas.
“When you hear ‘F1’ you know exactly what it is – a global racing series that showcases the latest technology and attracts the best talent in engineering and design.
“Haas Automation has an excellent reputation in the United States and I want that reputation to grow worldwide. Connecting Haas Automation with F1 in name and in practice when the Haas F1 Team debuts in 2016 is the best way to grow our business and elevate Haas Automation to a premium, global brand.”
Haas expects to complete work on the factory which will house its team in November this year. It has also launched its official F1 team website.
2014 F1 season
- Marussia and Caterham avoid US GP penalties
- Stewards confirm qualifying changes for Austin
- Vettel missing qualifying “not ideal for everyone”
- Drivers see more opportunities with three-car teams
- Teams must be put on “equitable” footing, says FIA