Manor has appointed former Ferrari designed Nikolas Tombazis as its chief aerodynamicist.
Tombazis spent nine years at Ferrari until the end of 2014 and previously worked for McLaren and Benetton.
Manor technical director John McQuillam said Tombazis will help Manor’s design team “showcase the full extent of their experience and capabilities”.
“I am confident that, together with our new Mercedes power unit and Williams gearbox and technical partnership, our new aero structure will provide us with the strength to design and develop consistently competitive racing cars to help steer us towards our long-term ambitions.”
Tombazis said Manor has “impressive plans and is investing in all the right areas”.
2016 F1 season
- Has F1 hit ‘peak penalties’? Fewer sanctions in 2016
- Brundle reveals Monaco GP heart attack
- Massa vs Bottas: The result after three years
- Perez vs Hulkenberg: The result after three years
- Ten views on the top ten F1 drivers of 2016