Manor has appointed former Ferrari designed Nikolas Tombazis as its chief aerodynamicist.
Tombazis spent nine years at Ferrari until the end of 2014 and previously worked for McLaren and Benetton.
Manor technical director John McQuillam said Tombazis will help Manor’s design team “showcase the full extent of their experience and capabilities”.
“I am confident that, together with our new Mercedes power unit and Williams gearbox and technical partnership, our new aero structure will provide us with the strength to design and develop consistently competitive racing cars to help steer us towards our long-term ambitions.”
Tombazis said Manor has “impressive plans and is investing in all the right areas”.
2016 F1 season
- Hamilton has to fight from behind again
- Alonso says spin down to ‘probably overdriving’
- Red Bulls, Force Indias, Bottas keep positions despite 107% breach
- Rosberg keeps pole as no action taken by stewards
- Rosberg under investigation for yellow flag rules breach