Manor has appointed former Ferrari designed Nikolas Tombazis as its chief aerodynamicist.
Tombazis spent nine years at Ferrari until the end of 2014 and previously worked for McLaren and Benetton.
Manor technical director John McQuillam said Tombazis will help Manor’s design team “showcase the full extent of their experience and capabilities”.
“I am confident that, together with our new Mercedes power unit and Williams gearbox and technical partnership, our new aero structure will provide us with the strength to design and develop consistently competitive racing cars to help steer us towards our long-term ambitions.”
Tombazis said Manor has “impressive plans and is investing in all the right areas”.
2016 F1 season
- 2016 Belgian Grand Prix build-up in pictures
- New Pirelli tyres to be tested on Friday
- Hamilton confirms he will take grid penalty at Spa
- 2016 Belgian Grand Prix team-by-team preview
- Spa sunshine may not last until the race