Renault 2016 F1 team launch
- Coup for Renault as Bell returns from Mercedes
- Frederic Vasseur: The new man in charge at Renault
- Podium finishes ‘three or four years away’ – Renault
- Renault’s F1 cars and liveries in pictures, 1977-2016
- F3 and GP3 champion Ocon becomes Renault reserve
- Renault reveals RS16 in black launch livery
- Renault confirms Magnussen’s return to F1
Renault has appointed former ART team boss Frederic Vasseur to head up its Formula One team as racing director.
Vasseur has enjoyed success with his ART team (previously known as ASM) in GP2, GP3 and Formula Three, winning championships with several current F1 drivers including Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg, Nico Hulkenberg, Romain Grosjean.
He has close connections to Renault having first used their engines in F3 20 years and more recently setting up chassis builder Spark which collaborates which builds cars for the Formula E championship where Renault is highly active.
Vasseur described Renault’s F1 ambitions as “a mid-term project” but stressed they want to see clear improvements in 2016.
“We know the target for the next two or three seasons,” he said. “But we know also that we will need to deliver some results from the first year and I think that we can consider that we have the good drivers for this for next year.”
“For sure it’s a huge challenge for everybody, for me also<" he added. "I know the step is very high but I know also the motivation in Viry-Chatillon, in Enstone, from everybody and we can be quite confidnet."
2016 F1 season
- 2016 Austrian Grand Prix track preview
- New Austria track surface tough for tyres – Symonds
- FIA reveals F1 superlicence points changes
- Motorsport Extra episode four: F1 Austria preview, Baku review and more
- Ferrari go softer again for British Grand Prix