Ferrari SF16-H revealed
- Ferrari SF16-H: Technical analysis
- Major changes on “ambitious” new Ferrari
- Compare Ferrari’s new SF16-H with their 2015 car
The first pictures of the Ferrari SF16-H, the car they will use for the 2016 F1 season, have been revealed by the team.
Among the significant changes to the car are a shortened nose and a switch from pull-rod to push-rod front suspension – the latter a major departure from Ferrari’s recent design philosophy. The new car is also packaged much more tightly at the rear than its predecessor.
Sebastian Vettel, who won three races for the team last year, begins his second season as a Ferrari driver. Team mate Kimi Raikkonen is in his sixth season at the team.
“We had a fantastic year last year, my first season with the team, so naturally we all want more” said Vettel. Last year we finished second in the constructors’ championship so it’s only one more step, which is a difficult one to take, but hopefully this is one that helps us achieve it.”
Vettel believes the team has “improved in many areas when I came in more or less this time last year” but expects more from 2016.
“I think [last year] was a difficult time to really have some expectations, now we have had a better winter to prepare and therefore I think we will be a strong team as we have seen last year, but even stronger this year.”
Go ad-free for just £1 per month
Ferrari SF16-H pictures
Ferrari SF16-H videos
2016 F1 season
- Few excited by Hungarian GP “chess match”
- 2016 German Grand Prix team-by-team preview
- Little chance of rain during German Grand Prix
- 2016 German Grand Prix track preview
- Hungary was a “breakthrough” despite spin – Palmer