A rules change at the beginning of 2015 meant drivers had to stick with a single helmet design for the whole season.
So the winter break was their first chance to make a change for 12 months and several of them took the opportunity to revise their colour schemes for the new season.
Among the most striking new designs is that of Nico Hulkenberg, who has switched to a bring green design for 2016.
Sebastian Vettel, never one to stick to a design before the ban came in, has also updated his. Jenson Button has gone back to his classic design while Haas pair Romain Grosjean and Esteban Gutierrez both have new colours.
Here are all the drivers’ helmets for the upcoming season.
Go ad-free for just £1 per month
Click images for high-resolution version.
Carlos Sainz Jnr
2016 F1 season
- Vote for your 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix Driver of the Weekend
- 2016 Hungarian Grand Prix tyre strategies and pit stops
- Ricciardo admits ‘relief’ at finishing third
- Alonso: McLaren were ‘best of the rest’
- Rosberg rues start after losing championship lead