The drivers’ tyre choices for the second round of the season have been announced by Pirelli.
The super-soft tyre is again the most widely preferred choice with most teams selecting six or seven sets of the softest rubber.
Melbourne front-runners Mercedes and Ferrari are taking six sets for each of their drivers but have differed over their selection of medium tyres. The harder rubber was used by Mercedes to great effect in Australia to take a one-two finish but their have only chosen a single set for this weekend whereas Ferrari has opted for three.
Last year all bar one of the top ten finishers in the Bahrain Grand Prix ran two stints on soft tyres and one on mediums.
Here are the drivers’ tyre choices in full for the Bahrain Grand Prix:
|Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull|
|Daniil Kvyat||Red Bull|
|Nico Hulkenberg||Force India|
|Sergio Perez||Force India|
|Max Verstappen||Toro Rosso|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||Toro Rosso|
2016 Bahrain Grand Prix
- Elimination qualifying officially replaced by 2015 format
- Haas mechanic credited for saving Grosjean’s race
- Caption Competition 101: Ecclestone and Warwick
- Grosjean takes back-to-back Driver of the Weekend wins
- Another decent race despite qualifying gloom