The second race under NASCAR’s new stage format was swung when the long-time leader picked up a penalty for speeding in the pits.
Race 2: Atlanta
Kevin Harvick dominated proceedings at the Atlanta Motor Speedway and seemed on course to claim maximum points for leading at every stage of the race. But a pit lane speeding penalty cost him the lead 14 laps from home, putting Kyle Larson ahead.
Larson’s lead didn’t last, however, as Brad Keselowski surged back to the front after a late caution period. He went on to take his first win since last July. Having led 292 of the race’s 325 laps, Harvick took the chequered flag in ninth place.
Over to you
What racing action did you watch last weekend? Let us know in the comments.
Next weekend’s racing
The following series are in action next weekend:
- IndyCar race 1: St. Petersburg
- NASCAR Cup race 3: Las Vegas
- World Rally Championship round 3: Mexico
Weekend Racing Wrap
- NASCAR gets fifth different winner in as many races
- 127-race win-less streak ends in NASCAR
- Last-to-first victory in IndyCar season opener
- Speeding penalty decides NASCAR round two
- Chaotic Daytona 500 decided by last-lap pass