Ten of the best pictures which tell the story of the 2017 Russian Grand Prix weekend.
Daniil Kvyat’s helmet
One year on, Daniil Kvyat poked fun at his ‘torpedoing’ of Sebastian Vettel, which cost him his Red Bull seat.
There was joy at Ferrari when Sebastian Vettel led the team’s first front-row lock-out for nine years.
This week was Stoffel Vandoorne’s turn to get the working McLaren-Honda, while Fernando Alonso’s broke down before the start.
It turned out to be a short race for Jolyon Palmer.
A superb start by Valtteri Bottas fired him past both Ferraris by the first corner.
Romain Grosjean tangled with Palmer at the first corner, putting both out.
Qualifying didn’t go well and he spun on the first lap but Lance Stroll at least saw the chequered flag.
Valtteri Bottas, Felipe Massa and Sebastian Vettel
Vettel was not happy to see Felipe Massa get between him and Bottas at the start of the final lap.
Bottas hung on for victory by just six-tenths of a second over Vettel.
Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas
Lewis Hamilton congratulated his team mate on his breakthrough victory.
Share your Russian Grand Prix pictures and video
2017 Russian Grand Prix
- F1 better without “artificial” overtaking – Vettel
- Honda unreliability “completely unacceptable” – Alonso
- Maiden victory earn Bottas first Driver of the Weekend win since 2014
- 2017 Russian Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Thanks for nothing: Sochi rated among worst ten races of last ten years