Circuit de Catalunya – spectators’ experiences

This discussion page is closed. If you want to discuss going to the Spanish Grand Prix please go to the new discussion forum here: Going to the Spanish Grand Prix

Vitantonio Liuzzi, Toro Rosso-Cosworth, Barcelona, 2006Tell us about your experiences of visiting the Circuit de Catalunya near Barcelona.

You may wish to include:

• When you visited the track
  • Where you watched from
  • How easy it was to get to
  • How much of the track you could see
  • What support races there were
  • What you liked and didn’t like
  • How much it cost and whether it was good value

Please use the reply box below to leave your comments.

Are you going to the 2011 Spanish Grand Prix? Chat with other F1 fans who are going to the race here: 2011 Spanish Grand Prix discussion

39 comments on Circuit de Catalunya – spectators’ experiences

1. will m said on 21st April 2010, 20:26

where can i camp with a motor home?

2. Nathan Bradley said on 26th April 2010, 10:08

Hi, I was there in 2009.
    Sat right on the start line.
    I’m disabled so got a three day grandstand ticket for the price of a general admission.
    Facilities for disabled good, apart from stupid lift system, there is an attendant who brings the lift for you, but they are downstairs, so I had to get somebody else to do it.
    I could see the whole of the main straight, first and last corner, and some of the back of the circuit, I think after about turn 10.
    Easy access for me, take a Sat Nav put in Carrer Mas Moreneta.
    Then I just showed my disabled badge and was allowed to park at front entrance.
    Thursday morning and afternoon is a pit-lane visit for 3-day ticket holders.
    Thursday evening at about 17.00, there is an autograph signing in the pit-lane, but this is not mentioned in the official programme, just in the circuit’s own small publication, so make sure you get everything you can.

And Ian, I got a Kangaroo TV last year, I’m not sure if you can now.

Sorry for long, rambling post!

Nathan

3. James said on 28th April 2010, 0:13

Urgent Help Required!

Is it possible to attend the pit visit on the Thursday without a weekend ticket? Or perhaps the Friday session – pay at the gate?

Is there ANY way to achieve this short of buying.a weekend pass then selling it?

Jameselaprendi@aol.com

4. David said on 3rd May 2010, 0:52

Help Help Help PLZ!!

Today i as going to buy tickets but its sold out General admision area! What should i do? Will i be able to buy them on spot? If any one has any idea or experince on this kind of thing? Is there people who buys it cheep early and then sells them little expencive on race Day? I’ve been in Turkey and there was lots of people selling tickets 10-20$ more than it costs at race day !

PLZ any help would be great

Thanks

David

Email : Ivanadze@gmail.com

5. wasiF1 said on 3rd May 2010, 8:40

Sorry mate the only link I had but they days that the ticket has sold out, wish that you get a ticket.

6. Paddy said on 3rd May 2010, 10:19

Anyone know if I must buy circuit parking in advance or can I buy it on the day?

7. Paul said on 4th May 2010, 8:03

Does anyone know if it is OK to take folding camp chairs into the General Admission area?

8. siba said on 4th May 2010, 12:57

hey david
    i bought my general admissio tickets from the F1 official website but there’s one website that i came across today while i was reading reviews about the circuit and there are still some general admission tickets available..the good thing is that the price is the same so maybe you should go ahead and try :)

• David said on 4th May 2010, 17:29

Hello Siba

Thx for link but its same over there sold out as well ! Any idea if i’ll be able to buy from locals over the race track?

9. Norrffy said on 13th May 2011, 19:15

Went in 1991 – awesome view of the great Senna / Mansell duel as they drove towards us just inches apart………..priceless.
    Went again in 2008 and sat in Stand L for quali + race.
    Sat in various others on the Friday but L has to be the best on the circuit!!!!!!
    Going again next week — can’t wait to see them using DRS into the first corner!!!!!!

10. Helen said on 15th May 2011, 15:31

Hi, can you bring food and drink Inc alcohol into the circut? sitting in stand J.

11. John L said on 19th August 2011, 12:11

We went this year (2011) and sat in Grandstand H. Walking the circuit, I think this was a great choice, there was a screen, and you could see all of the last corners section before they disappeared down the main straight.

The circuit is a little difficult to get to. We took the advice offered here, and caught the Segales Bus. The service was good – from the city to the track, and not too far to walk from the drop off point up to the track.

We only went for the Saturday and Sunday – so can only comment on those days – but it was fairly busy. It was also good experiencing the local boy getting into the lead on the first lap of the GP – the atmosphere was amazing.

Walking around there seems like there’s some good General Admin positions, but I do enjoy a seat these days at GP’s.

It seemed to be the done thing to take your own food and drink, make sure they’re plastic bottles. I nearly had a spray can of sunscreen confiscated – as they aren’t allowed either – so make sure you remember that during the bag searches.

Facilities for a racing circuit seems good.

If anyone has any questions please let me know and I’ll try and answer here for you.

12. need as much help as I can, subscribed, and shall be back to ask question!!

13. Karen B said on 31st October 2011, 19:32

Had a great weekend there this year 2011, was only 2nd Grand prix in 10 years. Did Gen admin and parked in car park A, wnet into Gate 7 if I remember correctly, straight up into a small shopping and food area. Awesome view of the run up to the first corner, them the hairpin turn 4 behind and then 7,8,and 9 in front, (near to where Massa went off) Didn’t realise how steep the hill was in front of us. Absolutely great build up on the Saturday and the Sunday. The good weather helped, luckily found a patch of grass under some trees, but you do have to get there about 7.30am to get those sort of places.
    Flew from Bournemouth in Gerona, car hire and drove from Gerona to Calella. Hotel all inclusive for Fri – Mon. About 3/4 hour drive to circuit from Calella, easy journey, roads amazing. Straight in and straight out. Food is very meh though at the circuit. Make sure you take a picnic of some sort, the supermarkets had lots of nibbly bits and take lots of water especially if the weather is hot. Ladies loos, great not to have to que very long. I would recommend incorporating this into a holiday as it’s not much more expensive for a few extra days!! Will definately (hopefully) be going again in 2012.

14. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 9th December 2011, 13:34