Hungaroring – spectators’ experiences

This discussion page is closed. If you want to discuss going to the Hungarian Grand Prix please go to the new discussion forum here: Going to the Hungarian Grand Prix

Jenson Button, Honda, Hungaroring, 2006Tell us about your experiences of visiting the Hungaroring.

You may wish to include:

• When you visited the track
  • Where you watched from
  • How easy it was to get to
  • How much of the track you could see
  • What support races there were
  • What you liked and didn’t like
  • How much it cost and whether it was good value

Please use the reply box below to leave your comments.

Are you going to the 2011 Hungarian Grand Prix? Chat with other F1 fans who are going to the race here: 2011 Hungarian Grand Prix discussion

46 comments on Hungaroring – spectators’ experiences

1. Paul said on 18th July 2011, 13:08

Just booked tickets to f1 Hungary in a bit of a rush! I’m staying in the pest side of city ( mercure hotel) and would be happy to split taxi fare email me directly if you want paul.j.davis@hotmail.co.uk. I’m traveling alone so can fit atleast two more in cab

2. Stuart said on 20th July 2011, 18:29

Does anyone know about traffic to the Hungaroring on the Thursday? I’m going for the pit walkabout then camping for the weekend. Is it worth getting an official taxi, or will traffic not be too bad?

3. Erika said on 20th July 2011, 20:30

you can find information about the public transport here:

4. Alex said on 26th July 2011, 21:20

Is there free Internet wireless at the track?

I was thinking of ways of improving the racing experience and knowing track position and timing should be a good place to start.

5. Vicente said on 28th July 2011, 10:51

Hello
    If u go by car, u need to pay parking?? I can fit 4 people if u need a ride

6. Thomas said on 28th July 2011, 11:52

I have a parking pass. Need transport from the Hilton in Pest

7. Vicente said on 30th July 2011, 12:13

As soon I find my ticket i will contact the people that need a ride

8. Linda C said on 17th September 2011, 22:59

Hey,

I’m planning on going to Hungary next year but I want to book my tickets soon to get the discount prices. Anyone know if http://www.hungaroinfo.com is a reputable website to buy tickets from?

Thanks in advance :)

9. Hello everyone!

I just ordered two tickets to the f1 race next year. I’m seated at the supergold grandstand.
    My question is, am i allowed to also enter the general admission if I would like to do that?

/Johan

10. I hope they are ok Linda as I’ve just ordered too. I think its the same website i bought Hungaroring tickets for a few years ago. They have sent me emails since I went to the Grand Prix there in 09 so It’ll be fine.

Ordered a package that allows me to sit at different Grandstands on different days. We have the Super Gold Stand on Sunday so we can see the pits & grid. It’ll be good to see the cars from vantage points on other days.

Don’t worry Johan as Grandstand seats allows you General Admission access. Indeed the highlight of Grand Prix weekends for me is Fridays and Saturdays when we have an opportunity to walk around the track and watch the cars from a few different vantage points. The Hungaroring is a natural bowl and offers fantastic vantage points although maybe the crowd stewards can be a bit pedantic. We (me and the Mrs) plan to do a bit of walking round the track on Fridays and Saturday mixed with some viewing from our seats. On Sunday its too busy usually to walk the track so we’ll take our seat in the stand.

11. ross b said on 8th October 2011, 20:43

hi, thinking about going next year, heres the outlines:fly to budapest,hire car, stay in budapest, drive to circuit. getting tickets from here : http://www.hungaroinfo.com/formel1/tickets_all_en.htm?gclid=CMz_6N3o2asCFUMKfAodKgh5Og anyone have any previous experience with them, e.g how long the tickets take to arrive. how busy is the city for travelling to and from the track? and the pit walk is it extremely busy? any advice would be very helpful, thank you.

12. Paul Swainson said on 17th October 2011, 22:29

Hi guys,

Are the currently available discounted weekend tickets for Hungary much cheaper than Sunday only ones? Just trying to work out if I’m going to end up paying the same or even more by waiting until race day tickets go on sale in January.

And are there any covered grandstand tickets? – my wife doesn’t like the heat for too long!

Thanks