Istanbul Park – spectators’ experiences

Tell us about your experiences of visiting Istanbul Park in Turkey.

You may wish to include:

• When you visited the track
  • Where you watched from
  • How easy it was to get to
  • How much of the track you could see
  • What support races there were
  • What you liked and didn’t like
  • How much it cost and whether it was good value

Please use the reply box below to leave your comments.

Are you going to the 2011 Turkish Grand Prix? Chat with other F1 fans who are going to the race here: 2011 Turkish Grand Prix discussion

83 comments on Istanbul Park – spectators’ experiences

1. Bjorn said on 10th May 2010, 8:15

I have got a couple of quotations for taxi and shuttle to the track.

A taxi for transportation both saturday and sunday from and to Beyoglu (near sultanahmet) to Istanbul park is 290 EUR total cost, dunno how many seats in the car yet.

Shuttle service is 30 EUR per day per person (roundtrip).

• Unomaha1980 said on 16th May 2010, 18:37

I recommend you to rent a car. You can rent a decent car for 70 Euros per day. Istanbul is a big city but it is not hard to find direction, roads are wide. As soon as you pass Bosphorus you just need to follow the “Istanbul Park – Formula 1″ signs by the road. From Beyoğlu it will take approimately two hours to get to the track.

2. Dave said on 11th May 2010, 17:08

Travelling from Canada to the race and staying at Sheraton “near” the airport. It sounds like getting to the track will be very challenging. Anyone else happen to be staying at Sheraton hotel that wants to plan transportation?

• Ben said on 29th May 2010, 13:07

Hi Dave
      I am also staying at the sheraton in bakirkoy, have you found the best way and cheapest way to get over to the track?
      Ben

3. Elena Kan said on 12th May 2010, 14:14

Hi there,

Me and my husband will visit Istanbul for the Grand Prix 2010 but we still have no tickets. Someone knows if i can buy tickets from there?? before the race i mean, general admission or better bronze…or all the tickets are sold??

Thx for your reply…

• Unomaha1980 said on 16th May 2010, 18:07

You can get your tickets from the kiosk named as “Biletix” at the entrance of the track on the right hand side. Do not worry there will be plenty of seats left in all tribunes since ticket sales is low in Turkey. I will buy my ticket on the race day also.
      In this website http://www.biletix.com/f1/index.htm?locale=en#
      there are pictures of the views from each tribun.
      Hope this will be helpful. I am Turkish by the way, any questions are welcome.

• Alison said on 6th February 2011, 11:22

Is it Cheaper to buy the tickets at the kiosk than before you arrive

• elias kosseifi said on 15th April 2011, 16:21

hi i need to talk to you i have many questions please qrite me to :elias.kosseifi@hotmail.com tell me how to contact you thanks

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 15th April 2011, 16:26

If you’re going to ask questions about visiting the race you might as well post them here so other people can see the answers. That’s what this area is for.

4. Lolica said on 14th May 2010, 7:12

Hi,
    Does anybody know how to pick up the tickets if you book them directly with the circuit website? We are trying to get some tickets now (at 2 weeks for de GP) but we are traveling to Turkey in a week. They say they send the tickets but when…
    Some help, please. Thanks for all your comments, they are very useful.

• Unomaha1980 said on 16th May 2010, 18:15

I recommend you to contact with the customer service by filling out the form on the link below.
      You can also call the ticket company’s call canter. The phone number is +90 216 556 98 00.
      9 is the country code

• Elena Kan said on 20th May 2010, 8:35

Thanks a lot for your help!
        Have you ever been there before? If you have, which stand do you recomment? Actually im interesting in bronze seats or even for general admission. Im thinking of bronze seats tribune 5. What do you think??

Oh.. i’ll stay at Ibis hotel.. (I’ll visit Turkey with a group), do you know how far is circuit park from there? we’ll be there by bus.

Thanks a lot for your time…

• unomaha1980 said on 20th May 2010, 9:37

Hello Elena,
          I bought my ticket from Silver Tribun 1 (first corner) in the last 4 years. This year I will get my ticket from the main granstand from the closer part to the first corner. I recommend Silver Tribun 1 or among bronze choices, Bronze Tribun 2 has a nice view. Anyhow, this year there are only 4 tribun choices excluding main grandstand.

Ibis Hotel is in Zeytinburnu I guess. It is far away from the track. By bus it takes 2 hours approximately (if you take the direct bus to the track, ask your hotel about the shuttles). You can catch one from Sultanahmet.

Enjoy your trip.

5. Nedim said on 15th May 2010, 9:05

Hello all,
    I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina and I have been in Istanbul park 2009 and I am coming back this year :). I drove with my car and we have been staying at Fenerbahce (Asian side)
    The experience was awesome. Since me and my crew are huge F1 fans, we have been at circuit on all 3 days (missed thursday due to our trip). I must say that only time I have experienced “long drive” was on the way back on race day. Friday and Saturday it took only 25 minutes to drive there. Ofcourse, I was there in the morning and got back after all programme was finished.
    We’ve been on “open area” and was perfect (apart from the fact that we didn’t have TV screens on which we could keep up with the race).
    We’ve been on different places during practice, qualifying and race and all parts have their advantages but we decided to watch the race from longest straight (between 8 and 9 curve).
    Probably will do the same this year :)..
    c u there
    peace…ned

6. Unomaha1980 said on 16th May 2010, 18:53

I recommend you to book your hotel from the Asian side. Atatürk Airport is on the European side and far away from Bosphorus. And the track is on the Asian side and far away from Bosphorus. It will be exhausting for you to travel back and forth for three days and it will be hot.
    On the Anatolian side there are not many hotel choices in comparison to the European side but here are few:
    These two hotels are in Pendik (If you search you can find more hotels). There are direct shuttles from Pendik to the track and the trip takes less than a hour.

7. Hi Unomaha1980,

Thanks for all your advice. Do you know where in Kadikoy the bus leaves from?

We are staying near Carrefour in İçerenköy. We have booked a taxi for our transfers to the circuit, but would be good to have a back up plan (not getting much response when we e-mail taxi company to finalise details!)

Assuming our taxi does turn up, how long to you think it would take to get to the circuit from İçerenköy?

8. unomaha1980 said on 17th May 2010, 12:01

Hello Growler,
    Actually Alt Bostancı is closer to İçerenköy than Kadıköy. You can take a bus from İçerenköy to Alt Bostancı (20 minutes ride) and then catch the shuttle. Last year the shuttles departed from the bus terminal next to the sea bus terminal (İstanbul Deniz Otobüsleri – IDO). In this link you can find last year’s schedule
    This schedule is same in the last 4 years.
    Clever that you booked your hotel on the Asian side:)

9. tommy said on 18th May 2010, 23:50

well
    i’m going to turkish GP this year and i can’t wait. i got the tickets a few weeks ago. i picked silver stand T1 at the first bend and i hope that will be a plenty of actions in this spot. going with 5 other lads, staying in europe side, just wonder how do we get in to the circut?
    i thin that the best way to get there is hire a car (looks cheepest way)
    if someone knows the time table of the busses please contact on tomaszek132@o2.pl
    thx and see u all on the track

10. Darren from UK said on 21st May 2010, 12:23

Hi,
    I emailed the circuit again (had no previous response) so did a google translate for Turkish.

I got sent this back in return, and have uploaded it

The first table is the friday and saturday, the 2nd is sunday, with first and last bus service. Pist Ici Ring is the internal bus in the circuit (at least that’s free)

Unlike what the Istanbul park circuit suggests, there appears to be no bus from Ataturk airport. I am staying very near the airport (holiday inn at ataturk), but have now booked a rental car to be on the safe side.

hope this is of help

11. Dan said on 22nd May 2010, 20:37

The istanbulpark website details that shuttle buses will be running from various points across the city, with the first buses running from 7.00. The site says that the bus will cost 4.5ytl from sultanahmet(where im staying), which I believe is roughly the equilvalent of £2, is this correct? Any other people planning on catching these buses?

12. Pointer said on 25th May 2010, 18:54

Hello, I’m currently in Istanbul and trying to find the best way to circuit from Sultanahmet. I did bus -> ferry -> tram on the way from the airport, which was ok, although took a liitle over 1.5 hours (but this may have been down to me not having a clue where I was going and carrying heavy bags). If the traffic getting from the Old Town to the Asian side is as bad as legend has it, then I’d expect this route be quckier, but if that is a bit of an urban myth then the F1 shuttle from Sultanahmet will no doubt be quicker/easier, if only due to the lack of connections.

Can anyone comment of the quality of Istanbul traffic/ the F1 shuttle buses?

Does anyone know where the F1 shuttle departs from Sultanahmet?

If anyone would like to share this journey with me and my girlfriend, please get in touch at alexdavidson007@gmail.com. Doing tram -> ferry -> taxi may be the best option.

Finally, does anyone know if there is a Thursday pitlane walk?

13. George said on 26th May 2010, 10:51

Plese see what I found! How to get F1 trace!
    I will be on Silver 1.

14. George said on 26th May 2010, 13:18

Hi,
    Does anybody know What is or When can I find the “Racing program and all event information” for this weekend.

15. Dan said on 26th May 2010, 20:15

As far as I understand the bus from sultanahmet departs from the car park opposite the blue mosque, im not 100% sure of this though so if anyone knows otherwise please say.