Istanbul Park – spectators’ experiences

Tell us about your experiences of visiting Istanbul Park in Turkey.

You may wish to include:

• When you visited the track
  • Where you watched from
  • How easy it was to get to
  • How much of the track you could see
  • What support races there were
  • What you liked and didn’t like
  • How much it cost and whether it was good value

Please use the reply box below to leave your comments.

Are you going to the 2011 Turkish Grand Prix? Chat with other F1 fans who are going to the race here: 2011 Turkish Grand Prix discussion

83 comments on Istanbul Park – spectators’ experiences

1. tommy said on 11th April 2011, 12:42

last year i got my tickets from biletix.com – no problems at all. tickets arrived around 6 weeks b4 event with ups.

2. alexdavidson007 (@alexdavidson007) said on 11th April 2011, 13:00

biletex.com delivery icket delivery was fine (they use DHL if i recall correctly), but my only word of warning would be to get the full price before concluding that they are much cheaper. I forget how much, but I remember there being quite a few additional charges on top of the base price of the ticket.

3. Tom hatton said on 24th April 2011, 21:35

4. Tom hatton said on 24th April 2011, 22:39

Is thr a pit walk on the Thursday I found a time table online saying 10-12.30 and 4-7 but no reference to what year

5. Tom hatton said on 24th April 2011, 22:39

What year sorry

6. Jon S said on 1st May 2011, 12:34

If I buy tickets at the circuit do they accept cards or only cash? I am too late to order online as I catch my flight on Tuesday at 06.30.

Also does anyone know how long the bus takes from Istanbul to the circuit and how much it costs. The timetable says the cost is 3 tickets but that doesn’t help much
    Thanks
    Jon

7. @jon

the bus goes from several points in Istanbul, one of them being Taksim square. The busses departs all the time all weekend and cost 5 turkish lira one way. You will be approached by taxidrivers offering to take you there for everything between 20-100 USD – don´t fall for it!! The bus takes about an hour and a half to two hours depending on traffic. There are busses with a/c. Also, as you stand in line try to position yourself so you dont have to stand all the way. they fill up the buss totally and the last ones on wont get any seats. Its a good idea to be the first one on the bus.

Dunno anything about buying tickets at the race though. Have a nice racing weekend!

8. there are some! busses with a/c – not all of them!!

9. Jon S said on 2nd May 2011, 12:44

Thanks for the info about the buses. Does anyone know about the tickets?

10. Phil said on 3rd May 2011, 20:48

Tickets are available at trackside from 70 turkish lira upwards depending on where u wanna sit…