Australian V8 Supercars

2011 Gold Coast 600

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Silverkeg
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I thought I would start a topic to talk about the GC600 to share your thoughts on the format of the event, who will win etc.

I am actually really excited for this race. The format is unique and I admit before the race last year I was a bit sceptical about the whole idea but now I Love it. Thrilled that Liuzzi will be there and it has recieved support from some top quality drivers.

One thing I am still not fond of from last year is the revised track layout. I liked the original Indy track but the new layout feels too short.

It is a hard tyre event so I expect the usual Team Vodafone and HRT to be competitive. Gizzy was fast last year and should be again. FPR will be happy that the hard tyre is here. Unfortunately I’m not expecting too much from my favourite teams. Kelly Racing will probably use the tyres too hard, and BJR will struggle on the hard tyre but GRM should go back towards the front on the street circuit and hopefully D’alberto can haul in another top ten.

My tip: Whincup on pole and win after a tough Bathurst, hitting back after a tough event is what he does best and he won’t like being second for too long

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.