March 1-4, Adelaide, South Australia
This years Clipsal 500 is shaping up to be the best yet:
- 7 race categories including (V8 Supercars, Formula 3, V8 Utes, Australian GT, Aussie Racing Cars and Carerra Cup)
- Alan Jones 1980 Championship Winning Williams FW07B will do laps of the cirucit on all 4 days.
- Drag Racing Demos, Top Fuel and Top Doorslammer drag cars will do demonstrations on the Friday and Saturday of the event.
- 4 nights of concerts, head lined on the Sunday by Good Charlotte, The Living End and Sneaky Sound System.
PLUS, most importantly…
- Full Strength COOPERS Beer will be sold at the event (I’m rather keen for this ;) )
Is anyone going? If so what days? Are you in a grandstand? General Admission?
At this stage I’m planning to go on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday and Ill be in General Admission. Best GA viewing spot in my opinion, Exit of turn 7 in the GA stands. Get there early and grab yourself a spot and dont move. There’s a screen so you can see what happening around the track while watching the cars run down Bartels Road. And you get to hear the lovely backfire as the cars race away from you. AWESOME!