Australian V8 Supercars

Full-strength beer!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine

This via Peter Windsor on Twitter made me laugh:

“Patrons at this year’s Clipsal 500 will be able to enjoy full-strength alcoholic beverages again.

“After reverting to a maximum of mid-strength alcohol last year, organisers of the classic street race will allow spectators the opportunity to purchase full-strength beer and spirits at the March 1-4 event.

“The event’s media manager Mike Drewer said that patron feedback has led to the change.”

The Clipsal 500 is held on a shortened version of the former F1 street track in Adelaide.

Profile photo of f199player

Fantastic news

So wait, the first Clipsal since I’ve left Adelaide becomes the first one where they’re allowing full-strength stubbies again? Fan-bloody-tastic.

Profile photo of SouthAussie94

I turn 18 at the end of the month so this really is fantastic news! :)

I love the Clipsal. Surely one of the highlights of the year here in Adelaide. Better if it was F1 though…

Profile photo of

Not only the Clipsal event if going full strength, the Cricket Bigbash Series is going full strength as well… Can’t believe they ever sold mid-strength or light beer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.