Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Australian V8 Supercars

Public Group active 3 weeks, 5 days ago

Group for fans of Australian V8 Supercars

Pukekohe Qualifying

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Little_M_Lo Little_M_Lo 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jarred Walmsley
    Participant

Haven’t seen this mentioned so I thought I would, in the final race of the weekend today at Pukekohe, Auckland. The entire 24 car field qualified within 0.58 seconds.

Scott McLaughlin was on pole in his Volvo with a 1:02.9914 with Russell Ingall last with a 1:03.5744.

That’s insanely close in my opinion, and shows how close and exciting qualifying can really be

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

It is amazing to see 24 cars within such a small gap to each other. Unfortunately the race wasn’t as thrilling as I hoped, but there were some awesome moments (David Reynolds’ right rear tyre failure through T10 at over 200kph was crazy).

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

I saw a bit of the sprint and feature race, pleased to see Shane Van Gisbergen win a close race and Winterbottom was well clear at the end of the pit stops race. SVG is a top, top driver in iRacing, so it’s nice to see him win when I tune in to V8 Supercar :D. Pukekohe also looks like a great track to race on.. a tyre blow out at that speed must have been mad to see. Was it in the last corner?! That would be terrifying..

Jarred Walmsley
    Participant

Yes, was a shame to see Scott loose all that time in the pits, but he had a much shorter first stop so thats how frosty got ahead. Still a good effort for Volvo’s first season though.

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

@fastiesty T10 is the penultimate corner, T9 and T10 are similar to the first half of T8 at Istanbul, and T11 is a right hand sweeper onto the main straight. It’s a shame I can’t find video footage of it. You’ll have to find a race replay somewhere (Race 13).

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

Video footage of the tyre failure^

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

What am I talking about? I’ve found it on the most unlikely youtube page: Touring Cars Italia
    Here it was: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J5XtGZOvzqM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.