Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Australian V8 Supercars

Public Group active 14 hours, 13 minutes ago

Group for fans of Australian V8 Supercars

2013 Bathurst 1000

This topic contains 22 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of fangio85 fangio85 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Little_M_Lo
    Little_M_Lo
    Participant

Australia’s Great Race is coming up in 3 weeks time, so I thought I would start a little thread in the build-up to the great race, and for you guys up in Europe I’ve found Murray Walker taking at the mountain back in 1997 inside Brad Jone’s Audi A4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mYNhXzkr6s

Profile photo of Thomas Baer
    Thomas Baer

And for an American view, here’s Darrell Waltrip going for a ride around Bathurst prior to the 2011 edition of the race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLkLtBkUVuo

Profile photo of Little_M_Lo
    Little_M_Lo
    Participant

@yogibaer I just lost my lunch, but i didnt even have any :p

Profile photo of fangio85
    fangio85
    Participant

Get about it guys, I have a feeling this years race will be bloody exciting!

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Argh, I was getting ready to watch the Top 10 Shootout, and my television stopped picking up Channel 7 or any of its affiliates. It’s like they just stopped broadcasting entirely.

fangio85
    Participant

Oh dude that sux… It was a great shootout too! I would recommend trying to find it on YouTube or somewhere to watch it before the race.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Well, I got it back in time for the race. Not sure what happened. But now I need to tolerate the constant network cross-promotion before the race start.

Profile photo of Sean
    Sean
    Participant

Go the van!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Kind of boring with Whincup out the front, but Matthias Ekstrom is very entertaining. Apparently no-one told him that you can’t pass going into the Chase …

fangio85
    Participant

Yeah its like a red bull in f1 – dominating. I’m enjoying the racing further down the field though. No lack of battling and overtaking on track that’s for sure. I’m jealous of Neil crompton, he has a great vantage point! I’m quietly hoping for a Nissan to finish in the top ten :)

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Nah, the Nissans are bleeding positions. If any of the new-comers are going to make the Top 10, it will be Holdsworth and Erebus.

fangio85
    Participant

I know, but a man can dream. Maybe if something huge happens up front (not rare at bathurst), they can do a bradbury lol. Just watched the bottle-o falcon driver change, the new driver was going up mountain straight, alerting settings and tightening his belts, whilst steering with his left knee. Haha gotta love it!

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Ooooh, that was a huge accident for Murphy. I’ve never seen one like that before. Mostert’s crash was a pretty big whack, but Murphy’s crash would have vaporised everything in the front suspension and bent the chassis in half a dozen places.

fangio85
    Participant

Yep, shows how unforgiving this place can be. Was a heavy impact, I can only imagine the amount of work they’ll need to put into that car to get it ready for surfers. On a brighter note: at least the pack is back together, and looks like teams have a couple of different options for strategy thanks to the timing of Murphy’s crash.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Aaaand I’ve lost all reception again. Not just on Ch. 7, but on Ch. 9 as well. Must be the conditions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.