Australian V8 Supercars

Nissan to join V8 Supercars from 2013

This topic contains 42 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys Prisoner Monkeys 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

• Author

Profile photo of plushpile
    plushpile

Participant

@prisoner-monkeys Not a jockey fan?

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys

Participant

Profile photo of matt90
    matt90

Participant

Other than Australia, which countries do Nissan sell that car in?

Prisoner Monkeys

Participant

America, Canada and the Middle East.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Whatever became of Mercedes Benz joining? Gosh those liveries for most of what I’ve seen ALL v 8 supercars are hideous.

Prisoner Monkeys

Participant

@abdurahman – They did join. There will be three Mercedes E63 AMGs on the grid this year.

Profile photo of GeeMac
    GeeMac

Participant

Are there any images of the V8 supercar spec E63 AMG’s yet prisoner-monkeys? I’ve done a bit of searching and haven’t seen it yet. I’m guessing it’ll look pretty similar to the Ford’s, Nissan’s and Holden’s.

Prisoner Monkeys

Participant

@geemac – Officially, no. Unofficially, yes there are – a photographer managed to slip into what was supposed to be a private test – but I haven’t seen them.

You don’t have to wait long – Erebus Motorsport will be launching their liveries the day after tomorrow (and possibly James Rosenber Racing, their satellite team). I’m sure something will get posted.

Profile photo of GeeMac
    GeeMac

Participant

I just managed find that unoffical snap of the Mercedes on twitter and it does look quite good, though it is all black at the moment. I can’t link it from work but it was posted by a chap called “@adam1975” if you want to search for it.

Prisoner Monkeys

Participant

@geemac – I believe the photos were taken during parity testing. All four manufacturers were there, with the cars being put through their paces to make sure they are all equal in terms of their aerodynamics.

Prisoner Monkeys

Participant

Profile photo of Bendanarama
    Bendanarama

Participant

This is shaping up to be a really good season – all the different manufacturers should make the racing a lot more fighty, because none of them will want to lose face.

Prisoner Monkeys

Participant

Well, the cost per car has been cut from about $600,000 to $250,000 under the new regulations, so hopefully more teams will be competitive, too.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.