• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

British Touring Car Championship

Public Group active 3 days, 2 hours ago

The group for BTCC fans.

2012 BTCC calendar

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of ajokay ajokay 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Donington date now confirmed, here’s the full calendar:

31 March-1 April – Brands Hatch, Kent
    14-15 April – Donington Park, Leicestershire
    28-29 April – Thruxton, Hampshire
    9-10 June – Oulton Park, Cheshire
    23-24 June – Croft, North Yorkshire
    11-12 August – Snetterton (300), Norfolk
    25-26 August – Knockhill, Fife
    22-23 September – Rockingham, Northamptonshire
    6-7 October – Silverstone, Northamptonshire
    20-21 October – Brands Hatch, Kent

Glad to see they’ve kept the long version of Snetterton, I was very impressed when I went there this year (with @ratboy and @ajokay)

ajokay
    Participant

I’m guessing they’ll start the year with Brands Indy and end with Full again? I like that, it’s a nice touch. Donington I’m guessing will be the shorter circuit? This is a shame, I miss the Grand Prix loop. No idea why it’s fallen out of favour.

Any idea which Silverstone circuit they’ll be using this time around? The South (now called ‘International’, I believe?) circuit would be good. Still keeps the lap shorter, but uses the new facilities.

Indeed, the new Snetterton layout was brilliant and offered so many places to view the action from. With all the money I’ll be saving on F1 next year, I’ll be able to visit a few more round hopefully. Adding Brands and Rockingham to Silverstone and maybe Snetterton again hopefully.

robk23
    Participant

The first Brands will be Indy and last will be GP as was the case this year.

I hope to be going to all rounds bar Knockhill next year, exciting stuff!

ayrtonsenna01
    Participant

Excellent stuff! Can’t wait to go to Brands twice, hospitality and all :P Should be a fantastic season!

Ratboy
    Keymaster

may try and make it to more races next year :D
    Knockhill is a great circuit to watch at, Oulton is local,

Lin1876
    Participant

Knockhill (the only race I can realistically get to) is in August again! This doesn’t really mean much, as there’s still a 60% chance of needing a boat rather than a car, but if the weather is nice things will be lovely.

In general, the BTCC has been great in the past couple of years, and I don’t see that trend reversing soon. The noise from the NGTC cars from the inside of the Duffus Dip hurt my ears though!

Ratboy
    Keymaster

@lin1876 were you at Knockhill this year? was shockingly warm, caught the sun alot down at the hairpin, got graveled by Newsham after the SC restart crash

Lin1876
    Participant

@Ratboy Yeah! I was on the inside of Turn 1 so I got a great view of Plato’s accident and subsequent hissy fit. TV cannot do justice to how spectacular it was (although the “fans” cheering as he went down the rallycross track were a bit over the line).

I fully intend to go this year, as I have every year since 2006. And the BSB and the British GT Championship (if they’ve got it back) and some of the excellent club races. I love Knockhill!

Ratboy
    Keymaster

@lin1876 the grandstand at the over side of the hairpin were cheering too, I’m hoping to go back next year too,
    was at Oulton Park when the Neal took Sheddon off, everyong cheered/laughed at that bar the Matt Neal fan who just sank to the floor lol

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@Ratboy I’d forgotten about the Matt Neal fan in front of us when that happened. Fair play to her, she took it on the chin.

robk23
    Participant

So far I’m booked to go to Brands Hatch Indy, Donington Park, Thruxton and Oulton Park! I intend to get to Snetterton, Silverstone and Brands Hatch GP, it looks like it’ll be a good year!

Lin1876
    Participant

Properly psyched for BTCC this year! Close racing, quality drivers and great circuits make it arguably the best “racing” series in Europe. Hopefully with almost everyone running NGTC engines (and a few more running full NGTC cars) we’ll have a really close championship with several drivers and teams in it.

I’ll get my tickets in April, as I always go to an early season club event (it helps me get back into the motorsport season) and buy my tickets for the BSB and touring cars then. 26th of August can’t come soon enough!

ajokay
    Participant

It’s a shame that Ford won’t be on the grid this year. And what are Chevrolet doing? I see no sign of their team on the entry list on the 2012 season wikipedia page (which is where I look for these things because the sources are reliable and it’s all laid out nice and neatly)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.