• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

British Touring Car Championship

Public Group active 1 month, 2 weeks ago

The group for BTCC fans.

2013 BTCC Brands Hatch (indy) RD1

This topic contains 51 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robk23 robk23 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ratboy
    Ratboy
    Keymaster

Rd1 of the series is featuring 27 of the 32 entrants. not too bad for the opening weekend. Neate and Fuller are to out for Donnington with the others joining at Snetterton.

3mins of FP1 left and currently the top 10 are split by 1 sec.

4 of the top 6 currently are the Hondas but Platos MG is top with a 48:510

Profile photo of Oli Peacock
    Oli Peacock
    Participant

Nice too See Turks and Smith up so high, although i think Tordoff may need to pick up the pace a tad. Quite worrying the Gap between NGTC and S2000 though, 4secs is alot :/

Profile photo of Ratboy
    Ratboy
    Keymaster

1.2sec to your much experienced team mate isn’t too bad. plus he has gone from Boreches to an MG lol

The parity for NGTC/S2000 has stopped hence the Jack Sears trophey for the S2000’s can’t bring in new machinery if the old stuff keeps winning ;)

Oli Peacock
    Participant

I’m just thinking of the Media Day and they were a much closer there, yeah i know about the Jack Sears trophy i think its a nice initiative by Gow to give the ‘budget’ teams a goal and thus fill more grid slots :)

Profile photo of Ratboy
    Ratboy
    Keymaster

You say that but Chris Stockton was going to bring a 2nd NGTC and AMDTuning were making a NGTC Astra. with the maximum grid slot achieved already it means that can’t till next year.

That’s if those rumours were true lol I am very happy with the grid for this year :D

Also Keith and I will be there tomorrow.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

Wish could go but the 2010 Finale Parking fiasco didnt rub off well my dad :/

Profile photo of sato113
    sato113
    Participant

@olliekart can you explain the parking fiasco??? ;) never heard of that.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

@sato113 Well lets just say it was a small scale ‘Silverstone 2012 Parking Fiasco’ lol

Profile photo of sato113
    sato113
    Participant

@olliekart oh i take it it was wet ha. ive been to brands and it’s just one huge, flat field for parking. dont see how they could get that wrong!
    shame the season opener is on the indy circuit. hardly any overtaking. still cant wait to watch it on tv this sunday.

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

It’s a bit odd that I’m not there this year but I’ll enjoy being able to watch it on TV for a change, live qualifying coverage starts shortly on the ITV BTCC website.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

Bit of a shocker that from Turks, Goff really should of read the flags better though. The Rears are so cold that drivers are just swapping ends at will

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

I’m not sure if Turkington got back to the pits, if he did it’s a big job for the WSR boys to get that car back out. Goff obviously didn’t see the BMW and Griffin just got caught up in it.

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

So Andrew Jordan is on pole for race one, of course snow in the second half of the session means we haven’t seen the true competitive order.

Profile photo of robk23
    robk23
    Participant

So Austin, Morgan, Collard and Turkington are starting on the soft tyre for race one.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

On the formation Lap, Foster is out with a mech fail and Girling had a moment on cold tyres. Austin, Collard, Turks and one other are on the softs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.