Advert | Go ad-free
F1 Fanatic - British Touring Car Championship
The provisional 2013 BTCC calendar is out, no major changes:
1. Sat 30-Sun 31 March, Brands Hatch Indy
2. Sat 20-Sun 21 April, Donington Park
3. Sat 4-Sun 5 May, Thruxton
4. Sat 8-Sun 9 June, Oulton Park
5. Sat 22-Sun 23 June, Croft
6. Sat 3-Sun 4 August, Snetterton
7. Sat 24-Sun 25 August, Knockhill
8. Sat 14-Sun 15 September, Rockingham
9. Sat 28-Sun 29 September, Silverstone
10. Sat 12-Sun 13 October, Brands Hatch Grand Prix
Still don’t understand why the BTCC have never used Cadwell Park. OK, so it may be a bit narrow and windy, but it’s a lot more interesting circuit than Silverstone National.
I really hope they consider what is now known as the Silverstone International circuit. It uses the new pitlane and Wing garages, the new section of circuit, probably has more seating and easier access. Plus the National circuit is just, well. It’s dull. It’s not far off being a tri-oval.
While I would like to see Cadwell Park get a BTCC race, it’s just too small.
I’ll second using the Silverstone International Circuit in order to introduce what is effectively a whole new circuit to the calendar and they can also make use of the Wing. I think Alan Gow has said before he’ll consider using the southern circuit at Silverstone, there is a chance it will happen.
Will the BTCC ever go back to Mondello Park?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.