The group for BTCC fans.
The group for BTCC fans.
Also announced today was the extention of the ITV contract to 2017. with much the same level of coverage as now
James Cole splits with Team HARD. with immediate effect.
Seems interesting as Cole has a competition to win a drive in his BTCC car at the end of the year? guess that wont happen now.
Not seen the news else where yet though.
I have to admit I wasn’t expecting that, good to see he’s planning on coming back in 2014 though. HARD down to 2 cars now until/if Howard Fuller and Robb Holland show up.
Tony has been making comments about dusting off his racesuit so maybe he will step in again for now?
I was thinking the other day that the Insignias aren’t showing the same pace as the Passat has been
Times from the first day of the Dunlop tyre test at Snetterton today.
1. Sam Tordoff – MG 1:57.134
2. Jason Plato – MG 1:57.806
3. Andrew Jordan – Pirtek-Honda 1:58.322
4. Tom Onslow-Cole – HARD-Volkswagen 1:59.243
5. Colin Turkington – Ebay-BMW 1:59.710
6. Nick Tandy – Addison Lee Motorbase-Ford 1:59.800
7. Jack Goff – HARD-Vauxhall 1:59.887
8. Ollie Jackson – Speedworks-Toyota 2:00.014
9. Rob Collard – Ebay-BMW 2:00.018
10. Mat Jackson – Airwaves-Ford 2:00.140
11. Frank Wrathall – Dynojet-Toyota 2:00.491
12. Daniel Welch – Welch-Proton 2:00.728
13. Liam Griffin – Addison Lee Motorbase-Ford 2:00.828 (JST)
14. Mike Jordan – Pirtek-Honda 2:00.843
15. Will Bratt – Rob Austin-Audi 2:01.060
16. Aron Smith – Airwaves-Ford 2:01.202
17. Nick Foster – Ebay-BMW 2:01.549
18. David Nye – Welch-Ford 2:02.700 (JST)
19. Robb Holland – HARD-Vauxhall 2:02.965
20. Ian Loggie – Speedworks-Toyota 2:06.038
All the times for the second day of the tyre test.
1. Jason Plato – MG 1:57.248
2. Sam Tordoff – MG 1:57.722
3. Jack Goff – HARD-Vauxhall 1:57.789
4. Rob Collard – Ebay-BMW 1:57.845
5. Aron Smith – Airwaves-Ford 1:57.949
6. Colin Turkington – Ebay-BMW 1:57.982
7. Andrew Jordan – Pirtek-Honda 1:58.118
8. Mat Jackson – Airwaves-Ford 1:58.240
9. Nick Tandy – Addison Lee Motorbase-Ford 1:58.479
10. Mike Jordan – Pirtek-Honda 1:58.601
11. Tom Onslow-Cole – HARD-Volkswagen 1:58.728
12. Frank Wrathalll – Dynojet-Toyota 1:58.912
13. Ollie Jackson – Speedworks-Toyotoa 1:58.932
14. Daniel Welch – Welch-Proton 1:59.401
15. Jeff Smith – Pirtek-Honda 1:59.627
16. Will Bratt – Rob Austin-Audi 2:00.225
17. Nick Foster – Ebay-BMW 2:00.399
18. Warren Scott – HARD-Vauxhall 2:00.560
19. Rob Austin – Rob Austin-Audi 2:01.239
20. David Nye – Welch-Ford 2:01.826 (JST)
21. Joe Girling – HARD-Vauxhall 2:02.345
22. Richard Hawken – Speedworks-Toyota 2:04.096
Some drivers ran in different cars throughout the day so I’ve taken their best times.
James Kaye will compete in the S2000 Civic for AMD-Tuning for the remainder of the season.
The VW Golf was damaged at Donnington and never regained its (lack of) speed.
How is replacing the quicker Civic with the dog-slow Golf good news?
Unless they bring an NGTC next year they may as well not bother running.
In slightly off-topic news, I saw the Andrew Jordan Honda Civic on the M53 the other week, which I thought was random in that there was no action that I know of at Oulton Park (closest circuit?) at the time. I didn’t know that the cars are driven around in everyday life, either? I notice that he has won half the races either side of me seeing the car on the motorway, though! Looks like he is going to win the championship… I need to start watching BTCC again!
They’re not allowed to drive the race cars on the road.
Or do you mean it was in the truck/trailer?
The only other explanation is someone has forked out a ton of money to get their road-worthy Honda Civic liveried up like Andrew Jordan’s.
Eurotech do have a display car which is a road legal previous-gen Civic in the Pirtek livery, it could have been that but I don’t know why it would be on the M53?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Log in or create an F1 Fanatic account.
Advert | Go Ad-free
Adverts | Go Ad-free
© Keith Collantine 2015 • Disclaimer